News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

Today was the first day in a week I didn't wake up to below zero temperatures.  The worst we had it was -28 last week.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 10, 2013, 03:18:14 AM
Oh snap, look the fuck out.  I hope to Christ we have enough bread, eggs, milk and toile OH FUCK

I don't totally get why the winter storm food staples are what they are.  Is everybody planning on making French toast for two weeks?
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

katmai

Quote from: Tonitrus on December 10, 2013, 08:46:43 AM
Feds are shut down due to snow (snow day, wooooo!).

Though thinking back to Alaska, this wouldn't be closing shit.  :)
heh we are in for third day of freezing rain since last thur which has shut down bunch of stuff(schools, gov buildings closing early)
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tonitrus

Looking at the weather right now, the snow has pretty much stopped, and the roads just look pretty wet.

I imagine that tomorrow, when the expected hard freeze sets in, everything will be open again but road conditions will be far worse.

Liep

The National Weather Service called it: no snow for Christmas this year. :(
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Quote from: Liep on December 10, 2013, 08:06:23 PM
The National Weather Service called it: no snow for Christmas this year. :(

Several days ago, NYC wasn't getting any snow today. Then Monday morning they said less than an inch. Last night they said 1-3 inches. It snowed off and on today but large, wet flakes. Nothing ever stuck.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

It is starting to warm up.  I have survived the bitter cold (-6C  :D) of the Winter of 13. 

derspiess

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on December 10, 2013, 11:57:24 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 10, 2013, 03:18:14 AM
Oh snap, look the fuck out.  I hope to Christ we have enough bread, eggs, milk and toile OH FUCK

I don't totally get why the winter storm food staples are what they are.  Is everybody planning on making French toast for two weeks?

I went out last Friday after the pre-storm rush to pick up some beer and some stuff for the wife to bake for a party the next day.  Apparently there was a run on flour.  All of the white all-purpose flour was gone except for the super-premium overpriced stuff. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 10, 2013, 03:21:16 AM
I'm already sick of this shit.

:nelson:

Tommy & I had a blast sledding/tubing in my yard Saturday.  And Sunday evening.  And yesterday.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on December 11, 2013, 12:50:20 PM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on December 10, 2013, 11:57:24 AM

I went out last Friday after the pre-storm rush to pick up some beer and some stuff for the wife to bake for a party the next day.  Apparently there was a run on flour.  All of the white all-purpose flour was gone except for the super-premium overpriced stuff.

Too funny; like somehow we're going to suddenly go all Little House on the Prairie for 48 hours, baking bread and churning our own butter and whatnot.

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on December 11, 2013, 12:51:46 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 10, 2013, 03:21:16 AM
I'm already sick of this shit.

:nelson:

Tommy & I had a blast sledding/tubing in my yard Saturday.  And Sunday evening.  And yesterday.

5 kids vs me with a cold and the cough from hell means I get the shit pounded out me in a snowball ambush.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Plus I miss Drut hiding in the snow running ambush drills on the kids.  :(
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Brazen

We've had thick fog all day that only finally lifted when it got dark (to be replaced by frost, presumably). It shut down all the airports in the south-east.

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 11, 2013, 12:57:51 PM

Did something happen to Drut?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on December 11, 2013, 01:21:36 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 11, 2013, 12:57:51 PM

Did something happen to Drut?

Drut's 10-7, no phone, man.