News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Had a look at the forecast for the old country. It seems they expect three storm tides in a row for the North Sea coast, plus a heavy storm lasting at least 24 hours, bringing 30cm of snow in Schleswig-Holstein and temperatures of -10C.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

Yeah, instead we get +5C and slush. Unfair. :mad:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

crazy canuck

Quote from: PDH on December 04, 2013, 08:10:09 AM
Woke up to -5 here today (that's about -20c or so), still snowing (about 6 inches so far).

Gonna be a cold rest of the week.

-5C is reaching my limit for cold.  -5F would be a good reason to move.

CountDeMoney

It's supposed to hit 60 here on Friday,  right before the ass drops out of it Sunday.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

ICE STORM INBOUND. Set the compound on red alert.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

lustindarkness

It hit 73 today, I just turned on the AC <_<.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Eddie Teach

Quote from: lustindarkness on December 04, 2013, 10:25:40 PM
It hit 73 today, I just turned on the AC <_<.

I've got the window open and a couple fans on, it's still fairly warm.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

The upcoming storm in North Germany was the top story on the Austrian morning news show on the radio today. Closing comment from one of the workers up north: "Meh, we'll survive. We're North Germans, we're used to it."

A colleague from Hamburg is here in the office today, so I asked him how it's going up there. "The inner city and harbor area will be flooded. Nothing major. We're used to it."

:lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

"Hurricane has been announced. Or as we say up north, 'a little bit of wind.'"
—Stephen Jay Gould

Liep

They're pre-emptively stopping the trains.

Wooo! Stormday! :yeah:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

PDH

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 04, 2013, 12:46:39 PM
Quote from: PDH on December 04, 2013, 08:10:09 AM
Woke up to -5 here today (that's about -20c or so), still snowing (about 6 inches so far).

Gonna be a cold rest of the week.

-5C is reaching my limit for cold.  -5F would be a good reason to move.

Well, this morning it is -22f here.  That is only -30c.  I like how they catch up at -40 and have a party there to sing "Your car won't start! Your car won't start!"

Today is a day to wear many layers.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Grey Fox

PDH's place is colder than Canada. Impressive.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

PDH

I do live a mile and a half up.  When the polar express rolls through and the skies clear up there is a wonderful scene as clouds of exhaust fill the morning air and the people all walk about like the little brother in A Christmas Story.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

And there was I thinking this morning's low of -1.7C, lowest this winter, was a little chilly.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"