News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

The main problem with California is the crowding.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

merithyn

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 08, 2013, 11:27:19 AM
Quote from: Maximus on October 08, 2013, 11:26:23 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on October 08, 2013, 11:10:14 AM
The main problem with California is you have to travel long distances to get to decent ski hills.  Here I have moderate weather and I am 20 minutes away from a lift.

I sincerely doubt that's the main problem with California.

Yes, given where you choose to live I understand that would not be important to you.

He "chooses" to live in Seattle. He's just "stuck" in Illinois. :P
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Brazen

Why Brits talk about the weather. All. The. Time. Despite barely having any worth talking about:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24305230

merithyn

Quote from: Brazen on October 09, 2013, 08:41:36 AM
Why Brits talk about the weather. All. The. Time. Despite barely having any worth talking about:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24305230

But... it might be worth talking about... in a few minutes or so. ;)

crazy canuck

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 09, 2013, 12:04:38 AM

If one doesnt care about proximity to ski hills my vote would be air pollution.  I understand it has improved a lot but I have to say it was hard for me in the LA area.

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 09, 2013, 11:22:16 AM

If one doesnt care about proximity to ski hills my vote would be air pollution.  I understand it has improved a lot but I have to say it was hard for me in the LA area.

Obviously this is just one moment in time but according to this, LA is doing pretty good. Not so good is the central valley and then large swathes of Arizona.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Northerly winds have brought an autumnal feel to the countryside today.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

Winter has arrived in Western Austria. Trains are partially shut down in Tyrol due to heavy snowfall. 22000 households are without power.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

merithyn

Quote from: Syt on October 11, 2013, 05:21:52 AM
Winter has arrived in Western Austria. Trains are partially shut down in Tyrol due to heavy snowfall. 22000 households are without power.

Pics???

:wub:

PDH

That's why I like where Mom lives, Big Sur.  It has quite nice weather and very few people (aside from the idiots on Highway 1 who insist on driving 10mph).

Still, I can't afford to ever live there, so that's that.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

garbon

Quote from: PDH on October 11, 2013, 09:30:53 AM

That's why I like where Mom lives, Big Sur.  It has quite nice weather and very few people (aside from the idiots on Highway 1 who insist on driving 10mph).

Still, I can't afford to ever live there, so that's that.

Yeah, California is a big state, so there are a lot of places with low population density...though clearly not as low as the Wyoming. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

We're still getting glorious 15 degree days with lots of sun. I'm loving this october.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

merithyn

crazy canuck

Quote from: PDH on October 11, 2013, 09:30:53 AM

We drove through Big Sur.  I was looking forward to seeing it.  But when we drove through I thought all the tourists on that road would drive me crazy if I lived there.  We didnt stop.