News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

I wish you could buy DayQuil here, it sounds like a wonderful drug.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

merithyn

Quote from: garbon on September 18, 2013, 10:24:38 AM
I have one too.  Though I love how DayQuil masks my symptoms and lets me get on with my day.

Ugh. That stuff upsets my stomach and dries me out something horrible. I'd rather suffer through the symptoms.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

garbon

Quote from: Liep on September 18, 2013, 10:33:44 AM
I wish you could buy DayQuil here, it sounds like a wonderful drug.

Yeah, I mean it doesn't really do much but mask symptoms - but it does that so well that I love it. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

I miss the old contact C.  Now that stuff worked.  Damn Meth labs :mad:

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 18, 2013, 11:22:47 AM

Actually I blame the government. From the study I remember reviewing (and posting here once), there wasn't any evidence that stricter access was actually doing much of anything to curb meth.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on September 18, 2013, 12:07:11 PM

Actually I blame the government. From the study I remember reviewing (and posting here once), there wasn't any evidence that stricter access was actually doing much of anything to curb meth.

Then give me back my Contact C  :mad:

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 18, 2013, 12:08:41 PM

Contac C. :contract:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

I know, that's why I am angry at them. Prohibitions that don't do anything but harm people who were using such medications appropriately. :angry:

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on September 18, 2013, 12:10:32 PM

If it was back on the market I could spell better too

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 18, 2013, 12:38:27 PM
Quote from: Barrister on September 18, 2013, 12:10:32 PM

If it was back on the market I could spell better too

Verily, it was a wonder drug indeed.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

mongers

Quote from: merithyn on September 18, 2013, 10:41:31 AM
I have one too.  Though I love how DayQuil masks my symptoms and lets me get on with my day.

Ugh. That stuff upsets my stomach and dries me out something horrible. I'd rather suffer through the symptoms.

:yes:

Wise words, sometimes it's just better to 'man-up' (actually woman-up is more appropriate) and deal with the symptoms rather than trying to medicate the feelings away. 

At least that's my 'reasoning' as regards back pain.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Caliga

The leaves are starting to change color here.  That means cold weather is coming.  KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

mongers

Quote from: Caliga on September 18, 2013, 08:04:31 PM
The leaves are starting to change color here.  That means cold weather is coming.  KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN :mad:

I've been told, it was such a good year/summer for the trees that they have a lot of excess sugar, so when the leaves fall it's predicted to be a noticeably more colourful autumn.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Quote from: mongers on September 18, 2013, 06:13:11 PM
Quote from: merithyn on September 18, 2013, 10:41:31 AM

:yes:

Wise words, sometimes it's just better to 'man-up' (actually woman-up is more appropriate) and deal with the symptoms rather than trying to medicate the feelings away. 

At least that's my 'reasoning' as regards back pain.

Why?

garbon

I went to the Hamptons for the first time today. Despite crazy rain in the middle of LI, it was a nice sunny, 75 at the beach. :cool: