News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 09, 2013, 09:34:29 PM
I told you we'd be in for one more 90 degree anal fisting in September.

Thank god it is nearly over and then we can get back to the 70s.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

I saw Naomi Campbell today at a pop-up runway in Bryant Park. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the makeup wasn't sloughing off her face. Oh the fashion industry!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

It's still hot out there, but we've had a nice mild summer.  Only a few days over 100 this year.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Summer was not nice here. Not enough sun which limited my number of beach trips.

CountDeMoney

Goddamn, it was bad today.  Really bad.  Fucking swamp ass bad.
But look Tonitrus, relief is on the way.

QuoteA burst of heat and humidity prompted early school closings and electricity-saving measures across the region Wednesday, but a snap back to fall-like weather lies ahead Friday and through the weekend.

Temperatures surged to highs of 95 degrees at Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport and 98 degrees at the Maryland Science Center in the afternoon. High humidity made it feel as hot as 105 degrees downtown as high pressure over the eastern United States pumped warm, moist air up from the Gulf of Mexico.

Though the heat was unseasonable, as much as 15 degrees above normal, it was not a record. Sept. 11 is the latest date on record in Baltimore to hit 100 degrees, in 1983.
Highs in the lower 90s are expected Thursday, but cool, dry air coming down from Canada is forecast to arrive before daybreak Friday, bringing a chance of storms as it approaches Thursday afternoon.

The change in weather pattern will bring a nearly 50-degree swing in temperatures from Wednesday afternoon to Saturday morning. Highs Saturday could fail to break out of the 60s, with overnight lows in the 40s across much of the region.

Oh, hells yeah.  With that kind of swing, there should be some nifty fucking thunderstorms en route.  Possibly twister weather.

PDH

It has been in the 50s and rainy here all week.  Fuck that shit, Wyoming will only have a few more chances for warm weather before winter - this is like being in Seattle.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 11, 2013, 09:42:12 PM
Goddamn, it was bad today.  Really bad.  Fucking swamp ass bad.
But look Tonitrus, relief is on the way.

QuoteA burst of heat and humidity prompted early school closings and electricity-saving measures across the region Wednesday, but a snap back to fall-like weather lies ahead Friday and through the weekend.

Temperatures surged to highs of 95 degrees at Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport and 98 degrees at the Maryland Science Center in the afternoon. High humidity made it feel as hot as 105 degrees downtown as high pressure over the eastern United States pumped warm, moist air up from the Gulf of Mexico.

Though the heat was unseasonable, as much as 15 degrees above normal, it was not a record. Sept. 11 is the latest date on record in Baltimore to hit 100 degrees, in 1983.
Highs in the lower 90s are expected Thursday, but cool, dry air coming down from Canada is forecast to arrive before daybreak Friday, bringing a chance of storms as it approaches Thursday afternoon.

The change in weather pattern will bring a nearly 50-degree swing in temperatures from Wednesday afternoon to Saturday morning. Highs Saturday could fail to break out of the 60s, with overnight lows in the 40s across much of the region.

Oh, hells yeah.  With that kind of swing, there should be some nifty fucking thunderstorms en route.  Possibly twister weather.

I'm doomed to get sick. I never handle rapid temperature shifts well and this year has been all about them. :(

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on September 11, 2013, 09:48:35 PM
I'm doomed to get sick. I never handle rapid temperature shifts well and this year has been all about them. :(

:D You sound like my grandmother, but there's something to be said about that.  I always seem to get a head cold with such radical temperature swings too.

And Christ knows my knee is going to be going off like NORAD's early warning system when the pressure drops that fucking fast on Friday.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 11, 2013, 09:51:23 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 11, 2013, 09:48:35 PM

:D You sound like my grandmother, but there's something to be said about that. 

Most sickly period in my life was when I lived in SF and commuted to San Mateo. Body did not like my using defrost when leaving my apt only to need a/c when reaching the peninsula.

merithyn

Quote from: mongers on September 06, 2013, 03:38:37 PM
Autumn evening are definitely here, length of day diminish rapidly, I can see within the week having to start thinking about sweaters/warmer wear, whilst out and about.

I'm ridiculously jealous.

The kids haven't had a full day of school yet this year because of the heat and humidity. I guess that's the benefit of going to the only unair-conditioned school in the district.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on September 11, 2013, 10:09:06 PM
Autumn evening are definitely here, length of day diminish rapidly, I can see within the week having to start thinking about sweaters/warmer wear, whilst out and about.

The kids haven't had a full day of school yet this year because of the heat and humidity. I guess that's the benefit of going to the only unair-conditioned school in the district.

Oh I mean as I posted earlier in this thread, we'd dipped heavily into fall and were in that zone until about yesterday when temps started amping up for this mini-heat wave.

merithyn

mongers

Quote from: merithyn on September 11, 2013, 10:09:06 PM

:console:

Actually wore a hat when I went out on Sunday.

On my way home today, got throughout wet in a proper rainy Autumn early evening, still pleasant and not unconformable cycling in 60 degree temperatures. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

merithyn

Down, down, down goes the pressure, and up, up, up goes the pain in my head.  :pinch:

At least it will be cooler.