News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

I'm going to be sending nasty thoughts everybody's way when I have to push that damn snowblower around.

I better go give it a check today.  :(
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

I was looking at the sears snowblowers.

They are cheaper this year than in 2012.

:ultra:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

mongers

Arse end of summer here, in mid 80s and very sunny.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

lustindarkness

We had a low of 61 this morning, and expected high of only 88. And it is August, in B'ham AL?! Weird, but I'll take it, a lot better than the usual weeks of 3 digit temps.

So, the weather people can barely tell me the weather 3 days out, and they can say what to expect this winter?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

crazy canuck

Quote from: merithyn on August 27, 2013, 07:35:33 AM
You know, it's not the heat that really bothers me. It's the back-and-forth between 100F/35C temps outside and the 65F/17C temps inside that kill me. My sinuses are a mess, and now I'm crabby. :mad:

Why make it so cold inside? 

merithyn

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 27, 2013, 10:44:13 AM
You know, it's not the heat that really bothers me. It's the back-and-forth between 100F/35C temps outside and the 65F/17C temps inside that kill me. My sinuses are a mess, and now I'm crabby. :mad:

Because the building manager at work chooses to? I certainly don't have a say in it. I don't even have air-conditioning at home.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

crazy canuck

Quote from: merithyn on August 27, 2013, 10:47:26 AM

Because the building manager at work chooses to? I certainly don't have a say in it. I don't even have air-conditioning at home.

I didnt say why do "you" make it so cold.

Maximus

An excellent question. The logical thing to do would be to make it warmer inside in the summer when people are lightly dressed, and cooler in the winter. But that's not how most places are here. In the summer I get cold-like symptoms from the frigid dry air inside and in the winter I'm constantly sweating.

Syt

Many office buildings here only go a certain level below outside temperature in summer to make the temperature transitions easier (though there seems to be an upper limit of 26°C in our office, as seen during the 37°C and above days this summer).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

lustindarkness

Here it does not matter if summer or winter, it seems it is always either too warm for me, or freezing cold. If I feel comfy most everyone else is wearing sweaters. :)

And if people complain, we are screwed, because we will be cooked or freezed. :(

I know it is difficult to please 2000 people in a building, but sometimes it gets stupid.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Maximus

Quote from: Syt on August 27, 2013, 11:29:56 AM
Many office buildings here only go a certain level below outside temperature in summer to make the temperature transitions easier (though there seems to be an upper limit of 26°C in our office, as seen during the 37°C and above days this summer).
I wish people were so reasonable here.

KRonn

Quote from: Maximus on August 27, 2013, 11:23:59 AM

An excellent question. The logical thing to do would be to make it warmer inside in the summer when people are lightly dressed, and cooler in the winter.   But that's not how most places are here. In the summer I get cold-like symptoms from the frigid dry air inside and in the winter I'm constantly sweating.

This I tend to agree with, makes more sense to me. In summer I'm often wearing a sweater in the office building, as it's usually too cold, sometimes very cold. Many people have sweaters or something similar on.

Admiral Yi

Severe heat warning for the entire state today, into tonight.  Heat index is supposed to get to 105.

Feel for the poor schlubs I saw roofing.

Ed Anger

I don't even have air-conditioning at home.

WHAT IS THIS, THE DARK AGES?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

merithyn

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 27, 2013, 04:21:36 PM
I don't even have air-conditioning at home.

WHAT IS THIS, THE DARK AGES?

No, I have LIGHTS... just no A-C. :)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...