News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Had some rain last night and the air today is absolutely wonderful compared to the previous month. It's COOLING!

:yay:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

Current forecast:

Today 35°C
Tomorrow 39°C
Thursday 39/40°C
Friday 30°C
Weekend: 21°C
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

It has been mild here in ohio with tens running in the 70's. normally would would be in the 90's and pushing 100 every so often.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

It's been reasonable here the last 3 days, upper 70s and low humidity, reasonable enough to keep all the windows open and blow the jobless stink out.

KRonn

It's been beautiful weather here for the last week. Low 80sF (about 27C) and low humidity, early mornings almost feel like early Autumn.

lustindarkness

Storm seems to by right on top of the building, dark and thunder like crazy, but just a sprinkle, I think the sky will fall any minute now.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 06, 2013, 06:51:21 AM
It's been reasonable here the last 3 days, upper 70s and low humidity, reasonable enough to keep all the windows open and blow the jobless stink out.

And I am wallowing down here in doomidity and swamp ass.  :(

Syt

Many places in Austria broke heat records yesterday. Most of those records date back all the way to, oh, last week. New Austrian record is 40.2°C (or 104.36°F). Vienna's high was 39.5°C, like running a nice fever. It was windy, but it was like a hot blow dryer. Today's going to be 32°C, and after that we'll finally stay under 30°C. Will be nice after the last couple of weeks.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Also, last month was the sunniest, driest and second hottest (after 2006) July in Austria since records began in the 1850s. But breaking such records has become pretty standard by now.
—Stephen Jay Gould

fhdz

Quote from: Syt on August 08, 2013, 11:23:37 PM
Also, last month was the sunniest, driest and second hottest (after 2006) July in Austria since records began in the 1850s. But breaking such records has become pretty standard by now.

and the horse you rode in on

lustindarkness

Its been changed to Climate Change, since global warming apparantly was on pause for a few years there. You need to update your memes. ;)
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

fhdz

Goddammit, does that mean this one's out of date too? :(

and the horse you rode in on

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

CountDeMoney

Low 70s forecast for today, absolutely zero Doomidity.  Feels like late September this morning. 
Every window is open, blowing the stink out and allowing Gangsta to stalk the same goddamned morning dove she's been stalking for the last 2 years.

Ed Anger

Don't worry, it is supposed to be 88 Saturday in the Miami Valley.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive