News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: HVC on July 16, 2013, 08:16:50 AM
too hot. Gonna hit like 43 tomorrow :(. That's 109 for you yanks.

Weather channel told me it would be 100 last night (saw the report at 4pm). Now they are reporting it didn't get above the low 90s.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

KRonn

It's a very hot week here in the North East, beginning on Sunday. Well into the 90sF, in the mid 30sC. Some heavy thunderstorms being predicted as we get later into the week.

Malthus

I feel your pain. Literally.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HVC

Quote from: garbon on July 16, 2013, 08:23:19 AM

Weather channel told me it would be 100 last night (saw the report at 4pm). Now they are reporting it didn't get above the low 90s.
it's too fucking hot. I blame Hans.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

Quote from: Malthus on July 16, 2013, 08:31:57 AM

I feel bad for the guys out in the plant. I work for a book printer (yes, they still exist :P ). At least it's a dry heat as the paper stock absorbs all the humidity :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

derspiess

It was 82 on my morning drive to work.  That's never a good omen for the afternoon.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

This is bullshit, man.

Malthus

Quote from: HVC on July 16, 2013, 08:34:11 AM
Quote from: Malthus on July 16, 2013, 08:31:57 AM

I feel bad for the guys out in the plant. I work for a book printer (yes, they still exist :P ). At least it's a dry heat as the paper stock absorbs all the humidity :lol:

Fortunately, I go from an air-conditioned house to an air-conditioned office by means of an air-conditioned subway. My total outside exposure is about five minutes, since I live a half-block from the station.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

It's a delightful 13C this morning, with a projected high of 23c.   :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

I hope you spontaneously combust.

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on July 16, 2013, 09:11:56 AM
I hope you spontaneously combust.

With these delightfully mild temperatures that seems extremely unlikely.  :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on July 16, 2013, 08:34:49 AM
It was 82 on my morning drive to work.  That's never a good omen for the afternoon.

Yeah I have a 15 minute walk from my parking place to the office.  I hate this time of year, sweating at 7:15 in the morning is just not natural.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Richard Hakluyt

Beautiful weather here in Lancashire for the past week or so, set to last another week at least. Sunny, but not getting above the mid-20s (mid-70s), usually with a breeze too  :cool:

Ed Anger

Today was better than yesterday.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

lustindarkness

New Orleans this weekend was hot and muggy. :sticky: It was worth the visit.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom