News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Received a postcard from my Pittsburgh sister who's currently visiting friends and my other sister in Florida. Seems like it's hot, humid and raining a lot.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 15, 2013, 04:19:23 AM
It's going to be even more miserable in NYC.  garbon's gonna melt, nothing but a puddle of glitter.

With ac, I make it like winter. :cool:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

KRonn

Quote from: mongers on July 15, 2013, 05:36:52 AM
109F in the sun this morning here.

79F inside.  :hmm:
Where is that where you are? I was thinking you were in England?

Going to be hot and humid all week in the North East here. Well, at least my veggie garden will love it. After the last two weeks of heat and rain everything already grew like crazy!

garbon

Quote from: garbon on July 15, 2013, 07:26:48 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 15, 2013, 04:19:23 AM
It's going to be even more miserable in NYC.  garbon's gonna melt, nothing but a puddle of glitter.

With ac, I make it like winter. :cool:

ConEd is now warning about the grid being overloaded. We've currently about half the lights off in my office to reduce electricity usage.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

It is very rainy today.  I pity the people who have to be outside today.  It was even worse on Saturday.  I was watching the football players and laughing.  First, because they sucked, but they also had that unhappy drenched cat look about them.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on July 15, 2013, 10:45:06 AM
It is very rainy today.  I pity the people who have to be outside today.  It was even worse on Saturday.  I was watching the football players and laughing.  First, because they sucked, but they also had that unhappy drenched cat look about them.

It is seriously coming down right now.  Wow.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Malthus

We are sharing the same superhot weather as garbon.

I sure hope our electrical grid is still not shakey after the pummeling it took last week, when it poured like a Biblical flood.  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

Quote from: katmai on July 15, 2013, 04:17:52 AM
Sunny and 72 here, come north to ALASKA! :P

Doesn't pay enough.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Zanza

Nice summer weather here, just as it should be. :)

Ed Anger

I had to turn tha A/C on. 80F.

Back home? 94F with doomitity.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 15, 2013, 04:22:01 PM
I had to turn tha A/C on. 80F.

Back home? 94F with doomitity.

Doom titty?

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on July 15, 2013, 10:32:40 AM

Going to be hot and humid all week in the North East here. Well, at least my veggie garden will love it. After the last two weeks of heat and rain everything already grew like crazy!

:cool:

Central Southern England nr The Channel and not far from Ed Anger's refuge!

Apparently much of England is warmer than large parts of Spain, Italy and the Med.   <_<
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

too hot. Gonna hit like 43 tomorrow :(. That's 109 for you yanks.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

KRonn

Quote from: mongers on July 15, 2013, 05:42:07 PM
Quote from: KRonn on July 15, 2013, 10:32:40 AM

:cool:

Central Southern England nr The Channel and not far from Ed Anger's refuge!

Apparently much of England is warmer than large parts of Spain, Italy and the Med.   <_<
I asked because I was surprised and didn't think England's weather got that hot! That's like Arizona or Texas.