News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

More rain fell yesterday than any other day on record - more than during Hurricane Hazel in the 1950s. Flash flooding all over the city. The subways were totally fucked. Roads became rivers.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/toronto-battered-by-storm-flooding-thousands-stranded-1.1358719
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

More on the Toronto flood: Snakes on a Train!  :lol:

Sounds like the commute from hell.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/07/09/snake-on-a-train-toronto-flood_n_3566900.html
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Are you talking about the flooding on the commute or that snake? One little small snake hardly seems hellish. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on July 10, 2013, 01:32:32 PM
Are you talking about the flooding on the commute or that snake? One little small snake hardly seems hellish. :P

Note to Samuel L.Jackson:

What about 'Small Wet Snakes On Damp Canadian Train' ?

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Malthus

Being stuck on a train by a massive flood for many hours and having to be rescued by boat. The snake was comic relief.  ;)

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on July 10, 2013, 01:42:07 PM

Being stuck on a train by a massive flood for many hours and having to be rescued by boat. The snake was comic relief.  ;)

Ok. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on July 10, 2013, 01:50:42 PM
Quote from: Malthus on July 10, 2013, 01:42:07 PM

Ok. :D

Fortunately, I never have to take the GO train.  ;)

OTOH, I had to walk out of downtown in the rain, as the subways were flooded and of course cabs were not to be had.  :(

garbon

And you didn't melt?! :o

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on July 10, 2013, 02:11:55 PM

I was inconvenienced. Someone must pay.  :ph34r:

HVC

Quote from: Malthus on July 10, 2013, 02:28:09 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 10, 2013, 02:11:55 PM

I was inconvenienced. Someone must pay.  :ph34r:
if the TTC paid for inconvenience they'd be bankrupt within the day.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

Get ready to suck on some atmosphere, Tonitrus.

QuoteHighs are forecast between 97 degrees and 99 degrees Monday through Friday, with dew points staying consistently in the lower 70s contributing to dew points between 100 degrees and 110 degrees.

katmai

Sunny and 72 here, come north to ALASKA! :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

It's going to be even more miserable in NYC.  garbon's gonna melt, nothing but a puddle of glitter.

mongers

109F in the sun this morning here.

79F inside.  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 15, 2013, 04:13:56 AM
Get ready to suck on some atmosphere, Tonitrus.

QuoteHighs are forecast between 97 degrees and 99 degrees Monday through Friday, with dew points staying consistently in the lower 70s contributing to dew points between 100 degrees and 110 degrees.

The A/C is out in our building too.