News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

We had a long winter, a medicore spring, and this week we finally seem to have cracked the 20°C barrier for good.

Next week: 35°C. :bleeding:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

katmai

Quote from: Syt on June 15, 2013, 03:30:38 AM
We had a long winter, a medicore spring, and this week we finally seem to have cracked the 20°C barrier for good.

We are hitting low 30's!

In Celsius that is. :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

Quote from: katmai on June 15, 2013, 03:37:02 AM

We are hitting low 30's!

In Celsius that is. :P

Heh, your highs are higher than mine.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

It's warmer in Alaska than here? That's not goddamn fair.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

PDH

Last Tuesday it got up to 87f/30c here...that is way too fucking hot for June in Laramie.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Jaron

Its been in the 80s or 90s here... :(

Utah sucks for weather. Its really really hot in the summer, theres about a month of spring/fall where its nice, then its ass cold in Winter.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Caliga

Quote from: Jaron on June 15, 2013, 05:22:37 PM

Utah sucks for weather. Its really really hot in the summer, theres about a month of spring/fall where its nice, then its ass cold in Winter.
wtf are you doing there again?  I forget  :hmm:

...and anyway, someone from Oxnard is probably going to hate the weather almost anywhere else in the US. :sleep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on June 16, 2013, 09:09:53 PM
...and anyway, someone from Oxnard California is probably going to hate the weather almost anywhere else in the US, as they should. :sleep:

Fixed. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Quote from: Caliga on June 16, 2013, 09:09:53 PM
Quote from: Jaron on June 15, 2013, 05:22:37 PM

wtf are you doing there again?  I forget  :hmm:

...and anyway, someone from Oxnard is probably going to hate the weather almost anywhere else in the US. :sleep:
He didn't pay attention to the beeb's fable.

garbon

:hmm:

At 9 this morning they were predicting a day full of thunderstorms. By 1 o'clock they were saying not today but tomorrow. Now I just looked at the weather and it says Tuesday evening, maybe.  WTF?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Duque de Bragança

Time to visit Vienna?  :D
The Ford of the Franks is going to be comparably hot as well, ditto for Lutetia.

katmai

High of 29/85 forecasted here. :(

Tonitrus

Quote from: katmai on June 17, 2013, 06:07:56 AM

Costco is going to sell out those portable A/C units again.

katmai

I'm sure.  90's out in Palin country and almost 100 up in Talkeetna.

mongers

Quote from: katmai on June 17, 2013, 06:07:56 AM

23/73 here at the mo, just right for getting things done.   :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"