News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fhdz

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 31, 2013, 06:17:28 PM
It's got 4 identified vortexes on the ground.  It's so wide, it doesn't even look like a tornado, just a long weather bank.

Mustang, OK is gonna get fucked, Soviet style.

Christ. :(
and the horse you rode in on

CountDeMoney

What's more...Moore, OK is in the tracking telemetry.

fhdz

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 31, 2013, 06:25:28 PM
What's more...Moore, OK is in the tracking telemetry.

Saw that. Guess they haven't had quite enough misery yet.

CountDeMoney

Man, this tornado is so wide, it doesn't even look like a tornado, or several tornadoes. 
It looks like a wide wall of rain, and it doesn't even truly scary until you see the trees in the camera shot, bent at 90 angles toward the tornado.

The Civil Defense sirens are going off in Oklahoma City.

You have to think that these things can only get so big before they break, there's got to be some sort of terminal velocity involved.  I don't recall my laws of physics too well, but I don't think we live in a universe with wind strength to the infinite power.

fhdz

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 31, 2013, 06:33:31 PM
You have to think that these things can only get so big before they break, there's got to be some sort of terminal velocity involved.  I don't recall my laws of physics too well, but I don't think we live in a universe with wind strength to the infinite power.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we'd have long since switched off oil in favor of windmills.

CountDeMoney

QuoteMale Bassett Hound lost in Moore
By OKC Lost Pets on May 30, 2013 in Bassett Hound, Lost Pets

Lost basset hound. His name is Hollywood. He is scared of storms. Lost between 12th and 27th off of Eastern. Moore, OK 405-759-7015

:cry:

CountDeMoney

QuoteOSU's Veterinary Hospital has received a lost Seal Point Siamese male (castrated) cat, with declawed front paws. He is young, overweight and in critical condition. He has suffered head trauma, possible pelvic fractures and has a large chest wound. OSU veterinarians are treating him in the hospital's ICU. There is no charge for the cat's veterinary care; we just want to reunite him with his owner before it's too late. If this is your cat, please call 405-744-7000 immediately.

:cry:

CountDeMoney

Watching the Oklahoma City metro traffic cameras is creepy as balls.

www.oktraffic.org

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 31, 2013, 06:12:29 PM
You guys gotta catch MSNBC or some news channel, check out the multiple vortex tornado, the eye alone is at least 1/4 mile wide, heading straight for southern Oklahoma City.

Good, fuckers stole my NBA team.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 31, 2013, 06:11:31 PM
Operation Righteous HVAC.

At the halfway mark, old air handler and coil system hauled out.  16 years wasn't bad for a contractor grade unit installed with cheap labor.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: katmai on May 31, 2013, 09:01:23 PM
You guys gotta catch MSNBC or some news channel, check out the multiple vortex tornado, the eye alone is at least 1/4 mile wide, heading straight for southern Oklahoma City.

You weren't doing anything with it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tonitrus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 01, 2013, 09:01:53 AM
Quote from: katmai on May 31, 2013, 09:01:23 PM

You weren't doing anything with it.

Never forget.  :mad:

fhdz

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 01, 2013, 08:52:44 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 31, 2013, 06:11:31 PM
Operation Righteous HVAC.

At the halfway mark, old air handler and coil system hauled out.  16 years wasn't bad for a contractor grade unit installed with cheap labor.

Yep, that's not too bad.

Is the new unit pretty badass?

CountDeMoney

It's the same manufacturer as the previous one, a little larger coil unit for better air handling and efficiency and less power;  there's really only one option for this kind of screwy condo architecture, and the technology hasn't changed much, except for Freon getting replaced in the industry with Puron, and some minor electrical differences.

The compressor unit that has to go through the wall outside was a major bitch for those guys.  They're still working on it.

On the plus side, they just got my neighbor's business;  his unit went tits up this week, just got a much better estimate.

Tonitrus

I thought about doing something outside today...then I went outside.

Doomidity in full swing.

So instead, I went about cleaning out the attached storage area out back.  Apparently it had become a home for cave crickets.

It is now in the process of becoming a cave cricket Sorbibor.