News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

In the low 40s today due to brisk Easterly off The Continent, but as it's such a dry wind, I doubt we'll have any snow.   :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

Could go for some hot snow plow action right about now.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

SONOFABOTCH, March snow storm coming.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

I need milk and bread. And to panic in Kroger's.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 04, 2013, 09:41:23 AM
I need milk and bread. And to panic in Kroger's.

Oh hell's yeah.  I'm doing it all today, because tomorrow is going to be apeshit city.

derspiess

The storm will be passing just north of us, as all of them have this winter :rolleyes: 

It has technically snowed here on a lot of days, but accumulation has been ridiculously light each time.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on March 04, 2013, 10:45:22 AM
The storm will be passing just north of us, as all of them have this winter :rolleyes: 

It has technically snowed here on a lot of days, but accumulation has been ridiculously light each time.

The way the local yokel weather people were putting it, the mythical I-70 line will be the magic snow line. North of it, death and destruction. South of it, annoyance and slush.

CountDeMoney

They're forecasting 6"+ for us Tuesday night into Wednesday night.  Two years without any accumulation.   Wrangler Nation is Ready 5 on Catapult 2.  I've waited two years for this, I'm not about to let Iceman and Slider suck up all the snow.

Ed Anger

I'm sick of the white stuff this year. It has been like the drizzling shits.

CountDeMoney

I'm going to drive over black people buried at bus stops.

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 04, 2013, 10:47:48 AM
Quote from: derspiess on March 04, 2013, 10:45:22 AM

The way the local yokel weather people were putting it, the mythical I-70 line will be the magic snow line. North of it, death and destruction. South of it, annoyance and slush.

Down here I'm sure we'll just get a lot of rain and a temperature stuck at 37 degrees, like we did a couple days last week.  Woo-hoo.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Tonitrus

This snow thing is looking to fuck up my next couple of weeks, work-wise.  :mad:

garbon

Took a walk from work to Central Park at lunch. With the sun shining actually felt fairly nice. :cool:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on March 05, 2013, 04:11:42 PM
Took a walk from work to Central Park at lunch. With the sun shining actually felt fairly nice. :cool:

Same here, sunshine and temperature up 9-10C, it briefly nudged 60F !

Winds beginning to shift from continental Easterlies to warmer Sou-Westerlies, which naturally means rain for tomorrow.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"