News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Weather people are so full of shit. With this coming noreaster, looked up to see what might happen to new york. On detailed forecast for each day, New York is listed as getting at max an inch of slush accumulation.  However, if I click on the winter storm advisory banner it tells me that New York City Metro could get between 4-10 inches. WTF? :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Darth Wagtaros

Yeah, they are saying we'll get 6-30 inches.  But its going to be the worst storm evar.
Maybe because it is around the anniversary of the blizzard of 78.
PDH!

Caliga

Meanwhile I was driving around with my sunroof open today. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

And Cal's taint strikes. If the ohio valley gets another snow storm, I'm blaming you.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Well, no snow in our forecast till at least mid-February. :sleep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josephus

One more week till Cuba.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

Not too bad out today about 7c, the 'rapidly' lengthening days, about 1m30s a day, are making life more agreeable at 50degrees north.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Grey Fox

Are you guys ready for Whitemare 2013!!!!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

I'm going to wear my snow boots to work. I'm supposed to see a play on broadway after work.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

They said that conversion from wintry mix to pure snow happened 3 hours earlier than anticipated so they are thinking we might get more inches than predicted.

A friend of mine said last night that he's not worried as they always say 10 inches in Chelsea when you never get more than 5. My eyes about rolled outside my head.

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on February 08, 2013, 07:59:10 AM
I'm going to wear my snow boots to work. I'm supposed to see a play on broadway after work.

Moon > snow.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

HVC

Quote from: garbon on February 08, 2013, 03:12:15 PM

A friend of mine said last night that he's not worried as they always say 10 inches in Chelsea when you never get more than 5.
is that a dick joke? That's a dick joke, right?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

Also, I've grown too old to love snow.  Fucking snow.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: HVC on February 08, 2013, 03:52:00 PM
Also, I've grown too old to love snow.  Fucking snow.

I was born too old to love snow.