News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Strangely nice weather.  Mid 70's.  Chance of tornadoes tomorrow.  Missouri has really weird weather.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Quote from: Syt on January 17, 2013, 12:32:44 PM
Vienna had 20-40 cm (depending on district) of snow in the past 18 hours. It's beautiful! :wub:

My district got about 30 cm.

Rain the last two days and today it's sunny with 14°C. So the snow was gone after the last three days :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

merithyn

65F/17C yesterday. 15F/-10C today.

No wonder I'm sick. :glare:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

garbon

Yeah, I'm not surprised for me either.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Yeah, we've got real funky weather here;  that warm front that spawn all that shitty weather in the Midwest is arriving.

All the rabbits at the shelter were going bonkers over the drop in the barometric pressure this morning.  Throwing all their toys and litter boxes around in their cages.  It was like a little bunny Attica.  Wabbittica.

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 30, 2013, 01:34:26 PM
Yeah, we've got real funky weather here;  that warm front that spawn all that shitty weather in the Midwest is arriving.

All the rabbits at the shelter were going bonkers over the drop in the barometric pressure this morning.  Throwing all their toys and litter boxes around in their cages.  It was like a little bunny Attica.  Wabbittica.

:lol:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

lustindarkness

It rained sideways this morning, the wind was crazy, some possible tornados in the area.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Caliga

Yeah, Princesca's stupid fucking weather radio woke us up at 4 am this morning. :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

mongers

Quote from: lustindarkness on January 30, 2013, 02:01:15 PM
It rained sideways this morning, the wind was crazy, some possible tornados in the area.

We had the British version of that yesterday, light drizzle in strong winds, so the ground remains relatively dry and the rain travels horizontally across the country getting everyone wet, before heading out to sea.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Caliga

A couple of days ago it was 70 F.  Today the fucking garage door was frozen shut. :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Got some surprise snow.  A school bus down the street looks like it got ass ended.

Admiral Yi

My car windows are frozen shut.  A slight issue when I need to get a parking lot ticket.

merithyn

Today: 11F/-12C

Tomorrow: 30F/-1C with snow

Sunday: 24F/-4C with snow

:)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Razgovory

Fuck it was cold this morning.  10 degrees.  That's just not enough.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Two days ago it was -24c, with a "feels like -41" windchill.

Projected high for today is +4.

Too bad - I had wanted to go skating again this weekend. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.