News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 25, 2012, 05:48:27 PM
6 to 10 inches expected now. I blame spicy and his pro snow bullshit.

We got screwed.  Was supposed to start snowing at midnight and they were calling for 1-3 inches or 4-6, depending on whose forecast you listened to.  Well the temperature just hung around 35 and it rained all up until I had to get the kids to school.  *Then* it decided to alternate between rain, snow and ice.  Got worse on my way in to work.  Just a dusting of snow on the grass, but we're getting slush on the roads, which should freeze up tonight.

So we got gypped.  I was telling Tommy last night how awesome snow days are and he'll probably think I was lying now.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: merithyn on December 26, 2012, 10:23:10 AM

:whistle:

Still no snow here. :mad:

Goddamn it, this is so totally unfair. :glare:

Nobody listens to women.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on December 26, 2012, 10:24:19 AM

We got screwed.  Was supposed to start snowing at midnight and they were calling for 1-3 inches or 4-6, depending on whose forecast you listened to.  Well the temperature just hung around 35 and it rained all up until I had to get the kids to school.  *Then* it decided to alternate between rain, snow and ice.  Got worse on my way in to work.  Just a dusting of snow on the grass, but we're getting slush on the roads, which should freeze up tonight.

So we got gypped.  I was telling Tommy last night how awesome snow days are and he'll probably think I was lying now.

Maybe next one will be one of those that smears Cincy and leaves the Dayton area alone. Deal?

CountDeMoney

I'm pretty sure my sister's family's flight to St. Louis is going to be fucked today.

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 26, 2012, 10:45:12 AM
Maybe next one will be one of those that smears Cincy and leaves the Dayton area alone. Deal?

Sounds good to me.  Sadly, it will never work that way.  Dunno if it's because we're down on the river or you being 40 or so miles north of us, but you always get more than us.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on December 26, 2012, 11:02:34 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 26, 2012, 10:45:12 AM

Sounds good to me.  Sadly, it will never work that way.  Dunno if it's because we're down on the river or you being 40 or so miles north of us, but you always get more than us.

Not always. There was one some years ago y'all got smeared and I ended up with about an inch of the white stuff.

Ed Anger

Meanwhile the cat complained when I was getting the snowblower ready. He made a break for it when I opened the door, at least until he got a blast of the cold that is. Fucker went back in fast.

Stupid cat.

CountDeMoney

A stupid cat wouldn't have gone back in.  Shows how much you know, Marlin Fucking Perkins.

Ed Anger

You get bonus points for the Mutual of Omaha reference.

mongers

Still wet and mild here; I detect a pattern emerging.  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

KRonn

I'm waiting to see what this storm brings my area. South of Boston there's supposed to be mainly rain, maybe some slush, but not much snow. The heavy snows are supposed to hit further inland and north, but that could change I'm sure.

merithyn

IT'S SNOWING!!!!!!!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:  :showoff: :showoff: :showoff:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Tonitrus

We got about an inch of snow that has now become slushy, rainy slop.

Sheilbh

Quote from: mongers on September 05, 2012, 08:31:11 AM
Luckily we've since had the 2nd wettest late spring/summer since records began.  :bowler:
We've now had a very wet winter, so apparently it's going to be one of the wettest years on record for much of the country. Including the South-West <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 26, 2012, 10:49:24 AM
I'm pretty sure my sister's family's flight to St. Louis is going to be fucked today.
Why is your sister bringing her children to St. Louis?  Can't the hoodlums of Baltimore murder them well enough?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.