News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Caliga on December 20, 2012, 01:30:49 PM
I'll ask my homeboy in our Chicago office if they're getting hammered up there.
For some reason we got on the topic of mother in laws... not the actual thing but instead the sandwich.  A hot dog bun with a corn tamale inside topped with chili saice.  Has anyone ever had one of these?  Apparently when I'm in Chicago next I'm obligated to try one.  Sounds delicious. :mmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on December 20, 2012, 07:50:44 PM
For some reason we got on the topic of mother in laws... not the actual thing but instead the sandwich.  A hot dog bun with a corn tamale inside topped with chili saice.  Has anyone ever had one of these?  Apparently when I'm in Chicago next I'm obligated to try one.  Sounds delicious. :mmm:

Corn in a bun?  Sounds awesome.  As a variant you should try corn-battered bread.

Maximus

Quote from: Barrister on December 20, 2012, 04:59:12 PM
Panzies.

I'm sure I bored you with this anecdote before, but I'll do it again.

Yukon schools never close for snow.  Ever.  :cool:

Here in Alberta they might close bus routes, but I'm pretty sure they never close the schools either.
Yea it still amuses me that they close stuff for snow.

Razgovory

Quote from: katmai on December 20, 2012, 05:13:55 PM

Here in Alberta they might close bus routes, but I'm pretty sure they never close the schools either.

:yeahright:

Yeah, I doubt there are schools in the Yukon as well.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Panzies.

Yeah.  I remember at one point it was snowing heavily and it was -50 with the wind, and the buses weren't running.  My mom drove me to school anyways.  What a jerk.   :glare:
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

I am glad the 2 inches of rain that came didn't come in snow form yesterday. 20 inches of that bullshit? Fuck that noize.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

merithyn

We got rain, then snow/sleet, then just freezing temps. So, we have crunchy, crunchy sidewalks and grass that kind of looks snowy but is really just a layer of ice.

But we got some snow!!! :w00t:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

mongers

Still wet and unseasonably mild here, supposedly it's rained 17 hours today. 

I guess if the SouWesterlies continue we'll have more rain over Xmas and the new years.   :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

The national broadcaster has a live feed following the "Christmas Blizzard '12".
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

merithyn

Speaking of the blizzard that just moved through... Since when do we name blizzards? That just seems silly.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

dps

Quote from: Maximus on December 20, 2012, 09:41:33 PM
Panzies.

Yea it still amuses me that they close stuff for snow.

Back when I was in elementary school and junior high, Fayette county schools never closed, even if none of the busses ran.  The policy was that they would have classes for those students who could get to school otherwise.  The problem was that probably 98% of the students in the county rode the bus to school, so in a typical class you'd have 0, 1, or 2 students out of 30 some show up, and obviously the teacher wasn't going to try to actually teach with that many students out.  But since technically there hadn't been a school day missed, we didn't have to go extra days after the last regularly scheduled day of class to make up for snow days.  But about the time I started high school, they started actually closing the schools on days when most of the busses couldn't run.

mongers

I can report:

Central Southern England is mild, wet and muddy.  :bowler:

Syt

Apparently there's been a temperature record for Christmas Eve in Germany today: 20.7°C
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Quote from: Syt on December 24, 2012, 05:04:43 PM
Apparently there's been a temperature record for Christmas Eve in Germany today: 20.7°C

:blink:

I had a touch of prickly heat the other day as it was so mild and humid, I couldn't sweat out the heat from the exercise I did. 

CountDeMoney

We had snow.  For the first time since I bought that fucker almost two years ago, I dropped that bitch in 4 Hi.  Went off the road, and right back on it.  Because I could.

Passing the occasional entry-level luxury RWD vehicle abandoned on the side of the road made me LOL.  Suck it.