News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Quote from: Caliga on December 20, 2012, 01:30:49 PM
I'll ask my homeboy in our Chicago office if they're getting hammered up there.

They are. :glare:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Razgovory

Quote from: merithyn on December 20, 2012, 01:24:54 PM
:ultra:

Blizzard warnings less than 30 minutes north of us, but we're expected to get less than an inch. WTF??

I WANT A FUCKING WINTER!! :contract:  :glare:

Why would you want such a terrible thing?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Typical early British winter, mild but wet.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Blizzard warnings less than 30 minutes north of us, but we're expected to get less than an inch. WTF??

Mother Russia stole your winter.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/19/16022433-deep-freeze-across-russia-dips-to-50-below-at-least-45-die?lite

Feels like 80's winters here again. Mother nature boned me with no snow that decade meaning I had to go to school. What a bitch.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 20, 2012, 01:52:32 PM

Mother Russia stole your winter.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/19/16022433-deep-freeze-across-russia-dips-to-50-below-at-least-45-die?lite

Feels like 80's winters here again. Mother nature boned me with no snow that decade meaning I had to go to school. What a bitch.

QuoteLast week, the cold in Siberia nearly killed two circus elephants after their trailer caught fire, the RIA news agency reported.
A handler quickly devised a plan, buying two cases of vodka from a nearby village and serving it to the elephants -- albeit diluted with warm water.
"After that they roared as if they were in the jungle. Apparently they were happy," the unnamed handler was quoted as saying.

Russians.  :rolleyes:

Ed Anger

DG is planning on going to the nearest zoo with a case of Vodka and a bag of frozen blueberries.

derspiess

No shit.  Back when Jay Rockefeller was governor in WV we had what we called "Jay's Blizzard".  We were supposedly going to get a buttload of snow so he pre-emptively cancelled school for the entire state & declared a state of emergency.  We got not one single snowflake.

Was nice to get a free day off, but we all felt very gypped that we had no snow to play in & had to go to school the next day.  We were already making plans for what to do on the 2nd & 3rd snow days, damnit. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on December 20, 2012, 04:51:39 PM

No shit.  Back when Jay Rockefeller was governor in WV we had what we called "Jay's Blizzard".  We were supposedly going to get a buttload of snow so he pre-emptively cancelled school for the entire state & declared a state of emergency.  We got not one single snowflake.

Was nice to get a free day off, but we all felt very gypped that we had no snow to play in & had to go to school the next day.  We were already making plans for what to do on the 2nd & 3rd snow days, damnit.

Panzies.

I'm sure I bored you with this anecdote before, but I'll do it again.

Yukon schools never close for snow.  Ever.  :cool:

Here in Alberta they might close bus routes, but I'm pretty sure they never close the schools either.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on December 20, 2012, 01:32:25 PM
Today it is snowing but strangely the temperature is above freezing.

The relevant temperature is the one up in the clouds where the snow forms.

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on December 20, 2012, 04:59:12 PM

Yukon schools never close for snow.  Ever.  :cool:

Here in Alberta they might close bus routes, but I'm pretty sure they never close the schools either.

:yeahright:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on December 20, 2012, 05:07:57 PM
That actually sucks.

Beeb is the sort that he'd tell the teacher she forgot to give a quiz that day. So no wonder he doesn't like snow days. He is a stiff.

Eddie Teach

10 day forecast- highs in the 60s, lows in the 50s  :cool:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?