News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Man what I wouldn't give.  We have barely had any rain for months.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

merithyn

Quote from: mongers on December 19, 2012, 02:17:55 PM
Quote from: merithyn on December 19, 2012, 01:39:57 PM
Goddamn it. :ultra:

Rain, thunderstorms, and fucking more rain tonight. Then, tomorrow night, "light snow showers with little to no accumulation". I hate this fucking place.

If you moved to Wales, that's precisely the weather you'd get trust me, when I moved there it rained during the day at some point for the first 78 days. :bowler:

I don't mind rain, except when everyone else gets snow. :(
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

mongers

Quote from: Valmy on December 19, 2012, 02:20:33 PM
Man what I wouldn't give.  We have barely had any rain for months.

Yeah, I'd rather have way too much, than not enough; This year in the river valley started off really badly, an exceptionally dry previous autumn and winter left the place looking very hung out come March, but the consistent rainfall since then, left it looking the most vibrant I've ever seen it during spring and summer. 

I'm hoping this autumn and winters rains will set it up for a decent spring/summer next year and a good growing season.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on December 19, 2012, 02:32:14 PM
I don't mind rain, except when everyone else gets snow. :(

They don't call it Snowdonia for nothing!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

No shortage of the white stuff here. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on December 19, 2012, 02:47:22 PM
No shortage of the white stuff here. :(

But enough about your cocaine prosecutions ...  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

So I got out of Dodge after work.  Supposedly by midnight it is going to be -10f with 50 mph winds...the 6 inches of dry snow that fell will make seeing as bad a klansman with his hood on backwards.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Eddie Teach

If you moved to Wales, that's precisely the weather you'd get trust me, when I moved there it rained during the day at some point for the first 78 days. :bowler:

I remember a character in a novel who got rained on everyday no matter where he went. Can't recall where.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: PDH on December 19, 2012, 09:16:56 PM
So I got out of Dodge after work.  Supposedly by midnight it is going to be -10f with 50 mph winds...the 6 inches of dry snow that fell will make seeing as bad a klansman with his hood on backwards.

I'm going to be in Rancho Mirage in the morning. Even the native NJers and NYers here at this research in SF are crying about the cold.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 19, 2012, 10:04:24 PM

I remember a character in a novel who got rained on everyday no matter where he went. Can't recall where.  :hmm:

It was in one of the later Hitchhiker books, he was a truck driver and it happened because he was a rain god, but didn't know it.   :bowler:

edit:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_McKenna_(god)

Rob McKenna

Described by the scientific community in the novel So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish as a "Quasi Supernormal Incremental Precipitation Inducer," Rob McKenna is an ordinary lorry driver who can never get away from rain and he has a log-book showing that it has rained on him every day, anywhere that he has ever been, to prove it. Arthur suggests that he could show the diary to someone, which Rob does, making the media deem him a 'Rain God' (something which he actually is) for the clouds want "to be near him, to love him, to cherish him and to water him". This windfall gives him a lucrative career, taking money from resorts and similar places in exchange for not going there.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tonitrus

And he narrowly lost his bid to be elected Governor of Washington state.  :(

merithyn

:ultra:

Blizzard warnings less than 30 minutes north of us, but we're expected to get less than an inch. WTF??

I WANT A FUCKING WINTER!! :contract:  :glare:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Caliga

I'll ask my homeboy in our Chicago office if they're getting hammered up there.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Today it is snowing but strangely the temperature is above freezing.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017