News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

Fuck.  Heavy snow here, 15 degree temps, and I am supposed to drive down to Denver to fly to Cathedral City tomorrow.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

garbon

Quote from: PDH on December 19, 2012, 10:08:12 AM
Fuck.  Heavy snow here, 15 degree temps, and I am supposed to drive down to Denver to fly to Cathedral City tomorrow.

Cathedral City? :o
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

PDH

Quote from: garbon on December 19, 2012, 10:09:25 AM

Yep. Dad lives in a house there in a subdivision among other irascible old coots.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

He's a big cheese:

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Quote from: PDH on December 19, 2012, 10:14:57 AM

Yep. Dad lives in a house there in a subdivision among other irascible old coots.

That's the part of the Desert, I used to go to as a kid for Christmas.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on December 19, 2012, 09:36:30 AM
:hmm:

If you don't taunt Gaia, the Ohio Valley will be okay.

So STFU. I have seniority on you.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

It was 80 yesterday and it will be below 30 tommorow.  Today it is 70.

Texas winter is like a box of chocolates.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on December 19, 2012, 12:04:46 PM
It was 80 yesterday and it will be below 30 tommorow.  Today it is 70.

Texas winter is like a box of chocolates.

Ugh. I'd be sick all the time.

Admiral Yi

We've got a winter weather advisory for today and tomorrow.  6 inches of the white stuff and strong winds.

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 19, 2012, 11:57:59 AM
Quote from: Caliga on December 19, 2012, 09:36:30 AM
:hmm:

If you don't taunt Gaia, the Ohio Valley will be okay.

So STFU. I have seniority on you.

Bring on the snow. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

mongers

Still raining here.  :bowler:

merithyn

Goddamn it. :ultra:

Rain, thunderstorms, and fucking more rain tonight. Then, tomorrow night, "light snow showers with little to no accumulation". I hate this fucking place.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

mongers

Quote from: merithyn on December 19, 2012, 01:39:57 PM
Goddamn it. :ultra:

Rain, thunderstorms, and fucking more rain tonight. Then, tomorrow night, "light snow showers with little to no accumulation". I hate this fucking place.

If you moved to Wales, that's precisely the weather you'd get trust me, when I moved there it rained during the day at some point for the first 78 days. :bowler: