News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Maybe he lives in a barn.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 11, 2012, 05:47:52 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 11, 2012, 05:35:27 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 11, 2012, 05:24:55 PM
You keeping the A/C at 50 or somefink? 500 smackers? Wow.

You have a two weeks of 100 degree weather, it really adds up.  It's fucking brutal out here.  Now the AC is broke so the problem solved itself.

Still seems like you got buttfucked by your power company.

Ameren ue is a harsh mistress.  She also destroys state parks and once ran over my dog.   True story.

Though another problem is this is a fairly large house and it's a split level, so air doesn't circulate well.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

PDH

We don't do that A/C stuff here.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

Sweet!

QuoteEl Nino likelihood rising, signaling chance for snowy winter

The likelihood of El Nino is increasing, with onset of the climate phenomenon known for snowy winters in these parts expected by fall.

There is "increased confidence" in a weak to moderate El Nino, according to the Climate Prediction Center. Forecasters included the information in an update to the hurricane season outlook issued last week, saying it could impact those storms by late in the season.

They expect onset of El Nino by the end of September, though there could be a weeks-long delay in its effects reaching the Atlantic. But it could strengthen in time for winter.

Ed Anger

I want no storms of more than 6 inches of the white stuff.

That sounded dirtier than I planned.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Snow sucks. I want it to be 75 year round damnit.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

KRonn

Possible El Nino, and if so likely more snow. Well, as much as it is a hassle, we had so little rain/snow last winter in New England that it brought water levels down and caused more bugs and mosquitos to breed. But I was planting my corn and  some other veggies in April, a month early, it was so warm!

CountDeMoney

I bought a Jeep, and I didn't buy it drive around in 2" of total accumulation, dammit.

I want to force Dazzling Urbanites walking in the street straight into snowbanks.

KRonn

Heh, I have AWD, a Ford Escape. I've had some sort of AWD or 4WD with almost every vehicle I've owned with just a few exceptions. Used to do a lot of off roading, hunting and driving on dirt trails, or getting around in the snow. I don't do most of that other stuff now, but just getting around in the snow helps.

Razgovory

Weather has been really nice for the last few days.  It's mid 70's right now.  Had a big storm a few days back and brought in cool air.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Quote from: KRonn on August 13, 2012, 09:15:35 PM
Heh, I have AWD, a Ford Escape. I've had some sort of AWD or 4WD with almost every vehicle I've owned with just a few exceptions. Used to do a lot of off roading, hunting and driving on dirt trails, or getting around in the snow. I don't do most of that other stuff now, but just getting around in the snow helps.

I feel sad driving my nice 4x4 pickup on the nicely paved streets of Edmonton, instead of the crappy unpaved "highways" of the Yukon I bought it for. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Cold front that came in on Friday has kept things chilled;  last night it dropped to 62 degrees.  Popped all the windows open, feels great. 
When it's get this cool, cat gets the goofies.  Been racing around the condo all morning, going nowhere in particular.

Syt

Yay, another week of mid-30s in the city.

This is one of the rare moments I wouldn't mind being in the shitty weather of Holstein again.

EDIT: Though in an ironic twist, it's as hot up there at the moment. BUT NOT THE WHOLE COMING WEEK
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

85f out, 77f in at the moment, 5pm, so it's been a fairly hot day for Southern England.

Possibly the hotest day of the year so far.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Duque de Bragança

38° today in Paris max and 35° in Frankfurt. As per the rule, always a couple degrees more.
And I thought that by having holidays after mid-August, I would escape the worst of the heat.