News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

So I heard another Derecho went through Ohio and the Mid-Atlantic.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 27, 2012, 07:43:12 AM
So I heard another Derecho went through Ohio and the Mid-Atlantic.

Wednesday was the bad day, but not as bad as that derecho;  Chicago airports were closed in the morning due to thunderstorms promptly at 8:00am, and the line went southwest through Ohio and below DC and nailed Richmond in the evening.  Had a few storms last night.

derspiess

Always nice to wake up with all the windows fogged with condensation on the outside.  Humidity must have been 100% this morning.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Why do all these more obscure weather terms have Spanish names?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

KRonn

The heavy storms and possible tornadoes were supposed to hit late yesterday and overnight where I am. But we just got some rain, and not all that heavy either. Could have used more rain, though not the nasty weather stuff.

sbr

Supposed to be the hottest day of the year here.  They say it might hit ... 100!!

Razgovory

Quote from: sbr on August 04, 2012, 11:48:42 AM
Supposed to be the hottest day of the year here.  They say it might hit ... 100!!

You bastard!

Fortunately we are only having temps in the high 90's this week.  After week and week of mid 100's.  This is the worst summer I remember, and last summer wasn't exactly good either.  Yard looks like a desert.  All the grass is dead.  There are cracks in the ground a foot deep.  There was some thunder last night, but I don't know if it rained.  If it did, it wasn't much.  A few weeks ago I heard we had a deficit of over a foot of rain this summer.  Every county in the state is federal disaster area in regards to crops.  You can walk half-way across the Missouri river without getting your feet wet, it's that low.  This is bad shit.  There's been grass and brush fires which I don't recall ever happening in the area.  Guy's barn went up in flame cause he some old gas cans in there.  Burned up all his fields and hay bails.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

sbr

It's kinda humid too, around 40%.  :yucky:

Eddie Teach

It's been raining a lot here, yet that map somebody posted shows us in a drought.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on August 04, 2012, 01:34:36 PM
It's kinda humid too, around 40%.  :yucky:

Shit, the other day it was 90 degrees with 80% humidity.  It was like a bad Vietnam war movie.

HVC

Too hot. I blame hans.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

KRonn

Hot and humid the last couple of days here in eastern Massachusetts. But much of last week was cooler, with some heavy rain showers coming through at times.

Ed Anger

Ed Anger

Sweet Jesus, that was a wild thunderstorm.

sbr

We hit 100 but the humidity dropped to under 15%.  I stayed inside in the ac all day until now, out to get teriyaki for dinner.  High 80s now, its nice.