News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

more storms coming this way.  For two weeks in a row, I probably won't be able to work outside.  Oh well.  I guess I'll sleep.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Tonitrus

Looks like The Wrath of God is laying waste to Ohio.

Caliga

With the weather this hot and dry, I feel like I'm back in Arizona or New Mexico.... and with the humidity so low it's really not that bad after sundown... just got back from watering the apple, peach, and magnolia trees.

Also, thanks to the extreme dryness I no longer need to wonder where exactly my septic field is. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Jesus H. Christ it's going to get to 105 tomorrow.  Today was only 103.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 29, 2012, 04:59:23 PM

Yeah, we just got walloped by a series of storm fronts.  It's some bad shit out there tonight.

garbon

Went from 98 in the city to 71 on the cape. ^_^
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Klaus Kinski is one dangerous motherfucker.  Especially now that he's dead.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Quote from: Syt on June 29, 2012, 02:18:09 PM
Weather forecast says we may crack the heat record for a June day tomorrow. Had 35°C/95°F today, might get 38°C/100°F tomorrow. :bleeding:

. . . and it's expected to last all week. :bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Quote from: Caliga on June 29, 2012, 08:39:43 PM
Also, thanks to the extreme dryness I no longer need to wonder where exactly my septic field is. :)

I hope that's not a euphemism. :unsure:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

Quote from: Syt on June 30, 2012, 04:12:42 AM
Quote from: Syt on June 29, 2012, 02:18:09 PM
Weather forecast says we may crack the heat record for a June day tomorrow. Had 35°C/95°F today, might get 38°C/100°F tomorrow. :bleeding:

. . . and it's expected to last all week. :bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding:

Suddenly I'm happy with the 15-20 and mild showers we're getting.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ed Anger

Ed anger after the storm passage
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Date Last Refreshed: 06/30/2012 11:26 AM
Total Customers Restored Since Storm Began:   110,603
Total Customers Out:   421,627

BGE got its ass kicked, but PepCo down in DC lost over 50% of service.

Ed Anger

You'd think the apocalypse has happened is some parts of Ohio. There are packs of white trash wandering around my old hometown.

I felt unsafe driving through there.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 30, 2012, 02:14:31 PM
You'd think the apocalypse has happened is some parts of Ohio. There are packs of white trash wandering around my old hometown.

I felt unsafe driving through there.

And the weather probably didn't improve things.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Wierd, we had no rain at all here. :hmm:

I just got back in from weed wacking my garden.  The heat didn't bother me that much, and it was nice since all the other cowards are hiding inside, there were no joggers running by to stimulate my dog into barking... so he just watched me quietly. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points