And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 28, 2012, 02:56:30 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 27, 2012, 08:57:36 PM
My parents have been up in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick all week, freezing their asses off in the low 60s in the rain.  They've only seen the sun once, I think.

Do these Canadian people even have cellular telephony technology up there?  I haven't been able to reach my parents in days, and I only get the occasional SMS text from my Dad, like "Is this working?" And then "Hello? Do this work?" again, when he apparently doesn't get my response.  What the hell, I thought Canada was part of Western Civilization.  :huh:

My parents are up on Manitoulin Island at my uncle's place.  They're pretty much incommunicado the whole time they're there.  Cell coverage is pretty shitty.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

104 F in the parking lot leaving work today.  It was kind of breezy so I didn't really mind it. :)

Also, I had the foresight to leave my sunroof cracked open all day and I can roll my windows down with my car's keyless entry fob, so I didn't boil to death getting into the car either. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

PDH

It got up to 90 here again (gasp), but then the clouds came in and it dropped to 78.  Tonight should be a balmy 50.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Scipio

It was hotter than fuckballs in the City of Granite today.  Unfuckingbelievable temps in MS.

Oh, and Hattiesburg hosted a concert by the Flaming Lips, with Jackson Browne opening, and I had to miss it for a wiretap suppression hearing 200 miles away.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Tonitrus

It got to a sweltering 72 in Monterey here today.  I imagine when I got to Maryland, I will wilt and die.

katmai

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 28, 2012, 10:46:19 PM
It got to a sweltering 72 in Monterey here today.  I imagine when I got to Maryland, I will wilt and die.

You survived San Antonio, didn't ya?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tonitrus

Quote from: katmai on June 28, 2012, 11:12:51 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on June 28, 2012, 10:46:19 PM

You survived San Antonio, didn't ya?

Barely, and with a natural acclimation period (got to Texas in January).

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on June 28, 2012, 03:44:28 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 28, 2012, 02:56:30 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 27, 2012, 08:57:36 PM
My parents have been up in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick all week, freezing their asses off in the low 60s in the rain.  They've only seen the sun once, I think.

Do these Canadian people even have cellular telephony technology up there?  I haven't been able to reach my parents in days, and I only get the occasional SMS text from my Dad, like "Is this working?" And then "Hello? Do this work?" again, when he apparently doesn't get my response.  What the hell, I thought Canada was part of Western Civilization.  :huh:

My parents are up on Manitoulin Island at my uncle's place.  They're pretty much incommunicado the whole time they're there.  Cell coverage is pretty shitty.

Again - try living in Yukon.  You learn to realize the limits of cell phone coverage very rapidly.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

I survived the 103 degree temps. Now its supposed to be 98 and much more humid today. My hair today:

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

It's supposed to hit 98 today; with my bro-in-law at work, and my sister and the nieces at summer camp all day, I've got their pool to myself.  Hells yeah.

Ed Anger

I'm worried about Seedy:

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

I don't mind a bit of heat, but when it's so hot you need to put shoes on to get the mail, that's too much.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadBurgerMaker

Nice day today.  92-93ish, nice little breeze.  Might even be some rain later this afternoon/evening.  :)

Syt

Weather forecast says we may crack the heat record for a June day tomorrow. Had 35°C/95°F today, might get 38°C/100°F tomorrow. :bleeding:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

It's confirmed April-June 2012 has been the wettest 2nd quarter since records began back in 1910. 

So I'm probably correct in saying it's the greenest I've ever seen the countryside at this time of year, which was my gut instinct, but I though wrong and it was just a case of wishful thinking, especially as this period last year was so very dry.   :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"