And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 28, 2012, 01:17:28 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 28, 2012, 01:16:02 PM
Glad to be fleeing the city this weekend. Don't need mid-90 temps, thank you very much.

Where ya going?  Up north?  Longeyeland?

Yep celebrating my mother's b-day early. Going to the Cape. Still saying 80s but nicer than 90s :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Apparently approaching 100 here downtown, but I ran out to get a sandwich just now & it didn't quite feel that bad.  I'm guessing the humidity hasn't quite hit yet, but it will be here with a vengeance after the rain tomorrow.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

Tomorrow & Saturday will be high 80s with insane amount of Humidity :bleeding:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on June 28, 2012, 01:18:43 PM
Going to the Cape. Still saying 80s but nicer than 90s :D

No shit.  Mid-90s surrounded by glass and concrete = 100+.

katmai

Sweltering 52 here :p
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on June 28, 2012, 01:28:01 PM

Asshole.  :P

I had to chase the cat down this morning, as he decided he really didn't want to be put inside the garage and recreated the Great Escape.

Fucking furry asshole.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 28, 2012, 01:31:19 PM

That's fairly cold. I wouldn't don't like 52 degree weather.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

If it was overcast and rainy, I wouldn't like it either. A clear fall 52F? I'd love it.

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 28, 2012, 01:57:14 PM
If it was overcast and rainy, I wouldn't like it either. A clear fall 52F? I'd love it.

No. :x

Ed Anger

I guess we won't be taking long walks in October then.  :(

katmai

Quote from: garbon on June 28, 2012, 01:55:39 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on June 28, 2012, 01:31:19 PM

That's fairly cold. I wouldn't don't like 52 degree weather.

Well gonna be in mid 60's for high.

P.S. How did you ever live in San Francisco? :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

Quote from: katmai on June 28, 2012, 01:59:29 PM
Well gonna be in mid 60's for high.

P.S. How did you ever live in San Francisco? :P

It wasn't 50 most of the year. :contract:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 27, 2012, 08:57:36 PM
My parents have been up in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick all week, freezing their asses off in the low 60s in the rain.  They've only seen the sun once, I think.

Do these Canadian people even have cellular telephony technology up there?  I haven't been able to reach my parents in days, and I only get the occasional SMS text from my Dad, like "Is this working?" And then "Hello? Do this work?" again, when he apparently doesn't get my response.  What the hell, I thought Canada was part of Western Civilization.  :huh:

Maximus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 28, 2012, 02:56:30 PM
Do these Canadian people even have cellular telephony technology up there?  I haven't been able to reach my parents in days, and I only get the occasional SMS text from my Dad, like "Is this working?" And then "Hello? Do this work?" again, when he apparently doesn't get my response.  What the hell, I thought Canada was part of Western Civilization.  :huh:
The Maritimes are Canada's Appalachia.

garbon

I do remember bad cell service in Nova Scotia though that was a long time ago.