And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on April 09, 2012, 10:31:42 AM
Quote from: garbon on April 09, 2012, 07:59:44 AM

Be more realistic. People are going to start caring when it is barely possible (/impossible) to go skiing year after year.

I can break your knees every December.  Will that make you care?

Why would that make me care any more or less about global warming?

Besides, I wasn't talking about myself. I don't like to ski and prefer a desert climate.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on April 09, 2012, 10:53:22 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 09, 2012, 10:31:03 AM
Quote from: garbon on April 09, 2012, 10:22:01 AM
I intend to be dead by then.

Be proactive then, and make it sooner than later.

I don't see how that would help.

You'll reduce your carbon footprint.  Act Locally, and all that.

Razgovory

Presumably because it would make it difficult for you to ski, thereby making you care.  I don't know, you were the one who connected caring with skiing .
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on April 09, 2012, 11:00:54 AM
Presumably because it would make it difficult for you to ski, thereby making you care.  I don't know, you were the one who connected caring with skiing .

I was trying to think of something that might actually bother people and inability to ski came to mind.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 09, 2012, 11:00:20 AM
Quote from: garbon on April 09, 2012, 10:53:22 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 09, 2012, 10:31:03 AM
Quote from: garbon on April 09, 2012, 10:22:01 AM
I intend to be dead by then.

Be proactive then, and make it sooner than later.

I don't see how that would help.

A drop in the ocean?

Besides, I recycle and I take public transport. That's gotta have me doing better than most of America.

Syt

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/climatechange/6416683/Pet-dogs-as-bad-for-planet-as-driving-4x4s-book-claims.html

QuoteIt claims that the carbon footprint left by domesticated animals is out of proportion to the size of their paws.

A medium-sized dog has the same impact as a Toyota Land Cruiser driven 6,000 miles a year, while a cat is equivalent to a Volkswagen Golf.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on April 09, 2012, 11:11:38 AM

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/climatechange/6416683/Pet-dogs-as-bad-for-planet-as-driving-4x4s-book-claims.html

QuoteIt claims that the carbon footprint left by domesticated animals is out of proportion to the size of their paws.

A medium-sized dog has the same impact as a Toyota Land Cruiser driven 6,000 miles a year, while a cat is equivalent to a Volkswagen Golf.

Which is why I have a cat, and garbon needs to stop shitting in the neighbor's yard.

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on April 09, 2012, 11:06:48 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 09, 2012, 11:00:54 AM

I was trying to think of something that might actually bother people and inability to ski came to mind.

Well, okay.  I can still break your legs.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

HVC

You have like 6 cats, don't you? :P stop hurting mother nature!
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on April 09, 2012, 11:18:38 AM

I have one.  I don't know how many Raz has.

HVC

1? You're breaking my crazy cat man perception of you.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 09, 2012, 11:16:43 AM
Which is why I have a cat, and garbon needs to stop shitting in the neighbor's yard.

It is your buddy in crime, mongers, who has a habit of doing that. ;)

Razgovory

Quote from: HVC on April 09, 2012, 11:18:38 AM

I have three.  They are all shrimpy.  Together they would make up one an half normal cats.  Hell one doesn't have working tail and another has only three functional legs.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on April 09, 2012, 11:28:08 AM

I had two, but Princess Sneakers Kosar Unitas of Monaco had to be put down at age 18 in 2009.  Keep up with threads, man.

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 09, 2012, 11:35:35 AM
Quote from: HVC on April 09, 2012, 11:28:08 AM

I had two, but Princess Sneakers Kosar Unitas of Monaco had to be put down at age 18 in 2009.  Keep up with threads, man.
Great, now i feel like an asshole.

Well, at least i don't go around inadvertently calling black members of languish the n word :P