Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Neil on April 05, 2012, 10:28:56 AM
Quote from: Malthus on April 05, 2012, 10:27:18 AM
Quote from: Neil on April 05, 2012, 09:51:42 AM
Edmonton is getting 15-20 cm of snow today.  Annoying.
From everyone in Toronto:  :nelson:

;)
At least we don't have to put up with wailing and gnashing of teeth about the Maple Leafs.

The Maple Leafs have sucked for my entire lifetime. Amount of wailing and gnashing on that acount = none.  :D

On a humerous note, I was reading a kids book by an American set in Canada ("Flat Stanley's Canadian Adventure" or something like that). The point of the book series is to teach little yanks about other countries by setting adventures in 'em - but they were, shall we say, somewhat less than accurate. Among the many hilarious howlers:

- the kids travel by dogsled fron Nunavat to Calgary;

- a person they meet from Quebec claims that their favorite hockey team is the Leafs:lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HVC

it's getting colder here, malthus, so if it snows i blame you lol
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Neil

Quote from: Malthus on April 05, 2012, 10:39:59 AM
Quote from: Neil on April 05, 2012, 10:28:56 AM
Quote from: Malthus on April 05, 2012, 10:27:18 AM
Quote from: Neil on April 05, 2012, 09:51:42 AM
Edmonton is getting 15-20 cm of snow today.  Annoying.
From everyone in Toronto:  :nelson:

;)
At least we don't have to put up with wailing and gnashing of teeth about the Maple Leafs.
The Maple Leafs have sucked for my entire lifetime. Amount of wailing and gnashing on that acount = none.  :D

On a humerous note, I was reading a kids book by an American set in Canada ("Flat Stanley's Canadian Adventure" or something like that). The point of the book series is to teach little yanks about other countries by setting adventures in 'em - but they were, shall we say, somewhat less than accurate. Among the many hilarious howlers:

- the kids travel by dogsled fron Nunavat to Calgary;

- a person they meet from Quebec claims that their favorite hockey team is the Leafs:lol:
:lol:

Twenty years from now, a whole bunch of American tourists are going to get their asses beat in Montreal.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Malthus

Quote from: Neil on April 05, 2012, 10:58:00 AM

Twenty years from now, a whole bunch of American tourists are going to get their asses beat in Montreal.

And that's after their unhappy search for the Calgary dogsled terminal.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on April 05, 2012, 11:15:02 AM
Quote from: Neil on April 05, 2012, 10:58:00 AM

And that's after their unhappy search for the Calgary dogsled terminal.  ;)

Years ago I worked a summer job as a customs inspector at the Vancouver airport.   Often American tourists would come off the plane with winter clothing expecting the conditions to be winter like.  My favourite question was someone asking whether it would be possible to make a day trip to Toronto - by car.

Liep

It's fucking snowing. I can't remember the last time it snowed in April. 9 days till my vacation. 9 fucking days.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Sheilbh

Strange weather.  Amazing warm and sunny march, then a week or so of freezing weather and snow up North.  Now it's settled to normal April weather of alternating sun and bluster.
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

Shotty weather in Vienna. Had 20 degrees on Wedesday, now we're back to under 10 and rainy. Snow above 800 meters. Weather will get better again . . . aftr the Easter weekend.  <_<
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

I saw on the map this AM it's freezing in the Ohio valley.  In fact, I think the first "z" in "Freezing" was directly over Ed's house.  I LOL'd.

Ed Anger

It'll warm up into the sixties.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 07, 2012, 06:27:56 AM
I saw on the map this AM it's freezing in the Ohio valley.  In fact, I think the first "z" in "Freezing" was directly over Ed's house.  I LOL'd.
We got a little frost, yeah. :wacko:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

sbr

:huh:

Where was the second one?

Razgovory

It's cool and rainy today.  Much better.  I was not happy with 89 degrees in April and March.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on April 07, 2012, 12:23:22 PM

:huh:

Where was the second one?

Fuck you. My editor sleeps in on Saturday mornings.  :P

Jaron

It was fun. It was warm when I left work on Thursday, and snowing when I woke up on Friday. :P
Winner of THE grumbler point.