News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Dude, I see hawks all the time.  They live around my house.  I also see Turkey vultures which we call Buzzards.  I don't even have leave my house to see them.  A few weeks ago I saw a large white owl in neighborhood.  Every time it came close to my house crows or blue jays would drive it off (I have several bird feeders out so a lot of seed eating birds are around my house.  They don't like Owls in the area since they eat smaller birds).
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

It is fucking cold out today.  Wind chill has it in the 30s.  And what wind.  Bucket trucks all over the place, fixing shit from the last two days.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

crazy canuck

Quote from: PDH on March 27, 2012, 08:41:28 AM
I think that is a hawk, Mongers.

Yes, but do you know its air speed?

PDH

Judging from that photo, it is not moving.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

crazy canuck

That is a good answer.  I thought you were going to come back with laden or unladen but this is good enough.

PDH

:rolleyes:  It's not a fucking swallow.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Josephus

Quote from: PDH on March 27, 2012, 04:24:02 PM

Is it not a fucking European swallow or African swallow?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

KRonn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 27, 2012, 10:43:26 AM
It is fucking cold out today.  Wind chill has it in the 30s.  And what wind.  Bucket trucks all over the place, fixing shit from the last two days.

We had freezing temps over night. Just when many of the folwers and trees in my yard are starting to come to life because of the warm weather. So far they seem to have survived. But we're having cooler weather for the next week, though not supposed to be much in the way of freezing temps.

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on March 27, 2012, 05:34:53 PM
Quote from: PDH on March 27, 2012, 04:24:02 PM

Is it not a fucking European swallow or African swallow?

He didn't ask about it's sexual preferences. :rolleyes:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

mongers

It's been well over 70 for most of the day, silly weather for March in England. 

We haven't had significant rain for weeks, I think it's safe to say we are suffering a drought.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

You guys need to switch over to MSNBC, CNN or something, and catch all the footage from the tornadoes in the DFW area today.  Fucking 18 wheelers flying through the sky.  Awesome, scary footage.

Neil

Edmonton is getting 15-20 cm of snow today.  Annoying.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Malthus

Quote from: Neil on April 05, 2012, 09:51:42 AM

From everyone in Toronto:  :nelson:

;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Neil

Quote from: Malthus on April 05, 2012, 10:27:18 AM
Quote from: Neil on April 05, 2012, 09:51:42 AM
From everyone in Toronto:  :nelson:

;)
At least we don't have to put up with wailing and gnashing of teeth about the Maple Leafs.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.