News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Spring is finally coming here.
Apparently we had the worst winter for a while....and it really wasn't that bad at all. Outside. Inside the lack of insulation and heating of course made it quite naff.
██████
██████
██████

KRonn

It's been partly like Springtime since January where I am, in eastern Massachusetts. I would have preferred it to be a bit colder, kill off the insects, etc. I assume it will be a tough summer with mosquitoes. Last winter we had a very cold and snowy winter, and the resulting summer I was rarely hassled by mosquitoes, until the very end of summer. I'm wondering if a long cold winter just keeps them from breeding so early.   :hmm:

crazy canuck

got snow here yesterday on higher elevations.  Very unusual.  Too bad the Olympics were not held this year.  More than enough snow now.

Mr.Penguin

Just saw the weather forecast for Friday: 16C, mild wind from south-west, plenty of sun and only a few clouds. Basically what we call "summer" here in Denmark, if we uses last last summer as the standard...
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

Ed Anger

Last day of winter...82 degrees. LOL.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Manhattan was lovely today. I think it was in the mid-70s and I think 80 is due sometime this week. Actually I'm briefly running the a/c as my apt is overheated and it isn't actually cool outside. Craziness.

Had a lovely 2 hour champagne lunch in the sun though. Was nice to catch up with a friend from school.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

We had the AC on last night... was too hot in the house to sleep without it.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

sbr

Snowed again today.

We haven't really had any snow that has stuck for more than an hour or two, but we have to be getting close to a record as far as total number of days with snow.  Portland might get a couple of days of snow, most of which doesn't stick around, but I swear I have seen snowfall at least 12 days this year.

Razgovory

We've been getting nasty storms last few days.  Suppose to storm tonight, as well as rain tomorrow.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

KRonn

It's been in the 70s here the last few days. This week to continue the same, maybe hitting 80s later this week. This is amazing. Broke record temps, from the late 1800s and early 1900s. If it stays fairly warm like this I'll start planting at least a couple rows of my veggie garden early, in April, see how that does. Ground should maybe be warm enough. Maybe get some corn by June this year.  :)

Caliga

Hell, if this keeps up the next thing I plant might a coconut palm. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

KRonn

Quote from: Caliga on March 19, 2012, 09:00:25 PM
Hell, if this keeps up the next thing I plant might a coconut palm. :cool:
Heck, once Global Warming kicks in big, you may be able to do just that! Or your kids or grand kids.   ;)

HVC

29 degrees C. this summer is gonna suck.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

sbr

More snow this morning, close to 2 inches on the car.