News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

He posted some videos of the tornado on Facebook too, but you people will spend more time mocking their accents than learning anything, so :P
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

Are those brick or fake brick houses?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Caliga

Quote from: Caliga on March 03, 2012, 06:40:59 AM
This is the Henryville tornado, taken the friend I mentioned who lives there.  Came within about 50 yards of his house.
OSSUM!  His pic is on the front page of CNN.com right now!

Caliga

So it went from being in the 80s right before the tornado front struck to me SHOVELING SNOW OUT OF MY FREAKING DRIVEWAY THIS MORNING. :ultra:

Tomorrow it's supposed to be in the 60s. :wacko:

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Caliga on March 05, 2012, 07:35:49 AM
So it went from being in the 80s right before the tornado front struck to me SHOVELING SNOW OUT OF MY FREAKING DRIVEWAY THIS MORNING. :ultra:

Tomorrow it's supposed to be in the 60s. :wacko:

So why did you bother shoveling the snow? It's just going to melt anyway.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

uhh because I needed to get to work and Princesca had the 4WD vehicle? :contract:

My driveway is like 100 yards long and ends about mid-slope on a steep hill.  In snow/ice conditions, if I don't hit that hill going pretty fast I'll be sliding down it.  Been there, done that, don't wanna do it again. :ph34r:

Caliga

Quote from: Caliga on March 03, 2012, 04:56:06 PM
This is the Henryville tornado, taken the friend I mentioned who lives there.  Came within about 50 yards of his house.
OSSUM!  His pic is on the front page of CNN.com right now!
He also ended up being interviewed on CNN by Don Lemon. :cool:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on March 05, 2012, 07:45:17 PM
He also ended up being interviewed on CNN by Don Lemon. :cool:

That's one well-spoken black man.

Razgovory

Oh man, it's going to get to 85 today. <_<  What the hell?  It's fucking March.  Both the fall and winter have been strangely warm.  I really hope the summer isn't to bad.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Oh, fuck that.

NO THERES NO TORNADOS IN KENTUCKY LULZ

Razgovory

You ever see a Tornado, Seedy?  Hell of a thing.  Sirens blaring, sky turns green, and this big fucking thing tearing the shit out of everything.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

I think it is time to bring the Challenger out of the garage. She hasn't been ridden in 3 months and needs me to ride her long and hard.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

Going to hit 21C this friday. This summer is not going to be fun.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Malthus

Quote from: HVC on March 14, 2012, 09:21:41 AM
Going to hit 21C this friday. This summer is not going to be fun.

I guess cross-country skiing is out for this weekend.  :lol:

Wasn't it just winter or something?  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius