News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

25 C right now in toronto
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

It was raining all day and has now indeed switched to snow.  Seems set to snow all night.

Sigh.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

mongers

Quote from: Barrister on May 18, 2021, 08:45:20 PM
It was raining all day and has now indeed switched to snow.  Seems set to snow all night.

Sigh.

:nelson:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Caliga

Meanwhile, in Kentucky, it's finally hot.  Shoulda been hot like six weeks ago. :wacko:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Still cool in Texas. But I have no issue with Summer taking it's time showing up.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Texas is the Alberta of the US

Barrister

Thankfully snow stopped overnight (forecast had it continue snowing into today).  Current temperature is +2 but there's enough heat in the concrete that roads were melted and almost dry.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 19, 2021, 12:02:41 PM
Texas is the Alberta of the US

I mean it did snow here this year.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Liep

May 2021: 2 degrees colder than average, twice the amount of rain and half the amount of sunshine. What a time to be stuck in Denmark.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on May 25, 2021, 10:47:21 AM
May 2021: 2 degrees colder than average, twice the amount of rain and half the amount of sunshine. What a time to be stuck in Denmark.

:lol:

Here we've had near record amounts of rain for May.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

It is just so rainy and cloudy this year. It is so weird. And I am looking at the forecast and it looks like it will continue this way into June.

I spent months building a new garden at my house so I guess it is good timing for all that stuff we planted. I just hope the plants don't want a lot of sun or anything.

HVC

its not fun in Toronto when its over 30
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

KRonn

It was hot here over the weekend low 80s/26c, cooled down the last couple days and will be hot for the next couple. Then Friday and into the weekend it'll be seasonable for May here - 60s/15cs

Malthus

Quote from: HVC on May 25, 2021, 12:12:11 PM
its not fun in Toronto when its over 30

I was about to say - hot enough for you all?  :lol:

The weather has really been bouncing around lately ...
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius