And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Valmy on October 26, 2020, 02:02:45 PM
Quote from: mongers on October 26, 2020, 09:01:18 AM
Leaves cover the ground and roads of the forest, wind and rain showers all herald Autumn's arrival.  :bowler:

We have been getting chilly autumn weather here recenty :wub:

Very excited. The Texas and Shumard Oaks will all be red in a few weeks. The birds will be headed off to South America. Love it. Even weak sauce Texas Autumn is pretty great, especially after so many months of brutal heat.

:cool:

Sounds like a real pleasant change for you down there.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Sheilbh

Quote from: mongers on October 26, 2020, 09:01:18 AM
Leaves cover the ground and roads of the forest, wind and rain showers all herald Autumn's arrival.  :bowler:
Yes. It's the start of the good bit of autumn. Leaves. Ginger. Bonfires (probably not this year :(). Layers season. Richer food :mmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

PDH

Here Autumn is usually days of about 73f/23c with morning crisper at 50f/10c.

Until the rainy season (who knows this year), it will stay like this.  Once it rains everything gets green seemingly overnight, it cools down a bit, and it seems dark all the time - even though most days still have sun.

Compared to -40 in Laramie, it is rather nice here in Autumn/Winter.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Tonitrus

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 18, 2020, 11:02:25 AM
:( Every day now:
https://twitter.com/bimadew/status/1329090653742010379?s=20

I've decided I need a summer home up at this latitude, and winter home down in southern Chile somewhere.  Or the south of New Zealand.

Liep

One hour of sunshine so far in December. It's been grey and windy and cold.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on December 12, 2020, 01:47:40 PM
:(
Liep, that must be somewhat depressing.

Here is just rain and showers.  :bowler:

Liep

Quote from: mongers on December 12, 2020, 08:14:22 PM
Quote from: Liep on December 12, 2020, 01:47:40 PM
:(
Liep, that must be somewhat depressing.

It is very depressing.

But we're up to 1.3 hours of sunshine now and I even saw those 20 minutes today even if it was behind a thin layer of clouds.

Even for Danish standards it's a very bleak December:

Sunshine (hours)
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

viper37

-18C today.  -26C with the chill factor.

I just discovered my house needs more insulation.  Dammit.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

Just looked it up: it's been well over two weeks since we last had a sunny day in Vienna. Maybe it's these times, but it feels a lot darker than normally at this time of year. It's been grey day in day out since the start of the month, basically.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Duque de Bragança

Snow is not that uncommon in Madrid. Not uncommon at all in Central Iberia.

Syt

Still seems a bit more than usual.

Certainly significantly more than Vienna had all winter so far. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Duque de Bragança

Precisely, more than usual. Some snow is not unusual; these amounts are.  :contract:

-7 last night in Bragança but not snow. :(

mongers

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on January 09, 2021, 07:45:35 AM
Precisely, more than usual. Some snow is not unusual; these amounts are.  :contract:

-7 last night in Bragança but not snow. :(

Damn we need some snow here, just to rub in the Covid and Brexit disruptions.  :bowler: