News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

For the past few days,  I've been living in hoodies and sweats as it's been around 55-60 in my office. (No AC, just cool outside and open windows.) Starting tomorrow, it's supposed to heat up with temps in the 90s.

Global warming has Mother Nature losing her mind.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Sheilbh

It's now cooled down and there's no sun and I'm unhappy that I have to wear trousers again :( <_< :blush:
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 14, 2020, 06:19:42 AM
It's now cooled down and there's no sun and I'm unhappy that I have to wear trousers again :( <_< :blush:

Temperatures now only in the mid-60s here.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

You lucky bastard. You lucky lucky bastard.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Duque de Bragança

That chilly or are you just fickle?  :P

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on August 10, 2020, 07:16:21 PM
Huge storm moved across the midwest today. Over 400,000 people in central Iowa without power, including the entire city of Ames - where my daughter lives.

Admiral Yi? You okay? :unsure: I heard Iowa City got walloped pretty badly, too.

Yi hasn't visited Languish since so I guess he did lose power :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

I did lose power.  Just got it back today.

This type of storm is called a derecho; I had never heard the term before.  Straight line winds, not circular.

Trees down all over town.  My front yard looks like a bocage.  The side wall on my patio got knocked down.

Life without power is weird and stressful.

Oexmelin

Que le grand cric me croque !

garbon

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on August 15, 2020, 02:54:08 PM

He's fickle. It wasn't that cold. ;)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on August 15, 2020, 05:23:51 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on August 15, 2020, 02:54:08 PM

He's fickle. It wasn't that cold. ;)
:o Et tu, Garbo?

I'm still in trousers because, apparently, summer is over :(
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

I've fans on in my bedroom right now. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

It's been raining a fair bit the last few days. This morning 24°C with high humidity in my apartment feels significantly worse than stuffy 27°C felt before the rains.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

What could be the highest temperature ever reliably recorded on Earth - 130F (54.4C) - may have been reached in Death Valley National Park, California.

:cool: :(

BBC news item:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53788018?intlink_from_url=&link_location=live-reporting-story
//
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Caliga

I thought it routinely got hotter than that in one of the Iranian deserts. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points