News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

38 degrees today...feels like 40 and humid.

That's what I love about Texas   :cry:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on August 12, 2020, 09:06:31 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on August 12, 2020, 08:50:19 AM
Quote from: Syt on August 12, 2020, 08:47:13 AM
I currently manage to keep the apartment at 27 tops. That's mostly because the nights still dip under 20 degrees and I manage to air the place out during that period.
So jealous :(

London right now, according to BBC Weather, is 33 but feels like 39 :weep:

I feel you. A few years ago I had a week of 30 degree lows at night in my place.
Yeah - we're still waiting for the storm. I give it one hour into the rain before our discourse shifts to "whatever happened to the summer, eh?" :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on August 12, 2020, 01:16:10 PM

Not DQ?   :mad:

Wearing a mask in this sucks real bad.

Duque de Bragança

Storm yesterday with hail, and another strong one during the night, without hail. Heat wave is supposed to end today, but the buildings stored so much heat so I expect it to linger a bit.

Sheilbh

Is this predicted storm a lie? <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 13, 2020, 07:07:18 AM

Met Office lied, people died?

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: merithyn on August 12, 2020, 01:02:13 PM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on August 11, 2020, 10:21:39 AM
We still haven't hit 100 since 2012, but we have had nearly non-stop 90 degree days with heat indices of 100+. Overnight lows have been consistently in the 70s, with some nights not even getting below 80. The scattered thunderstorms have Florida-like downpours, which is not something I remember from the 1990s, but has become much more frequent.

Remind me where you are, please?

It's been cool overnights and really until around 3pm here. Then the heat comes in for about three or four hours, and it all cools down.

So many things to love about the PNW, but the fact that it cools down at night in the summer is A#1 for me.

I'm in northern Virginia, near DC.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 13, 2020, 07:07:18 AM

Can you predict storms?

We've just had a moderate thunderstorm here at 2.15pm, does that mean it's part of a front moving in, that might eventually reach you guys in London?

Or was it just a local storm? Since the air isn't noticeably cooler, rather still warm and humid, I think these conditions are going to persist for a while longer.  :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tamas

We have had plenty of rain since last evening, thunderstorms too. There was one massive lighting bolt close by with a cracking deafening thunder.

It is much milder since then. Not super cold, but quite pleasant with all the windows open.

garbon

Not the storm, but did just finally see some rain! :w00t:

And now it feels more humid.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on August 13, 2020, 09:26:52 AM
Not the storm, but did just finally see some rain! :w00t:

And now it feels more humid.

Yeah same here.  :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 12, 2020, 06:26:52 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 12, 2020, 01:16:10 PM

Not DQ?   :mad:

Wearing a mask in this sucks real bad.

Once Youtube finally broke me with their ridiculous volume of ads, and I switched to premium, I have been living an advertising-less existance. I am starting to forget where the jingles that still bounce around in my head originally came from :P

Yeah it blows. Fortunately it might...just might...rain and cool off a little bit come Monday...maybe. When it will finally drop sub 40 to a frigid 36!!111

I am kind of looking forward to it, shows how desperate I am  :lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 13, 2020, 09:56:04 AM
Rain rain rain! :w00t:
The rain has stopped with no discernible effect on the temperature. Only now it's dark :(
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 13, 2020, 10:09:53 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on August 13, 2020, 09:56:04 AM
Rain rain rain! :w00t:
The rain has stopped with no discernible effect on the temperature. Only now it's dark :(

If and when it actually arrives, I may be doing my own homage to the Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande single. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.