And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 11, 2020, 10:13:25 AM
What is happening :weep:

All windows in my flat are open and there's zero breeze.

I look like a vampire as I've the curtains drawn. Still 86f/30c in my bedroom/office but at least it isn't the full outside temp.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Put a fan in front of one window, blowing out. It'll create a draft from the other window (I find it works best with just one other window open). It's how I cool my place off a bit during the night.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tonitrus

Like most of us Englanders, there's no A/C here, but my old, stone building (It's a renovated 19th century chapel) seems to work like a nice, cool cave (The walls look to be about 2-ft thick at least).  A low-powered fan at night, and every is nice and temperate.  :sleep:

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on August 11, 2020, 10:25:15 AM

Put a fan in front of one window, blowing out. It'll create a draft from the other window (I find it works best with just one other window open). It's how I cool my place off a bit during the night.
Don't have a fan and couldn't anyway due to client calls :( :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

It has rained today! Tibi gratias Jovi!

Sheilbh

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on August 11, 2020, 12:46:24 PM
It has rained today! Tibi gratias Jovi!
Very jealous. Are storms have been pushed back to maybe Thursday, more likely Friday :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 11, 2020, 11:04:17 AM
Quote from: Syt on August 11, 2020, 10:25:15 AM

Don't have a fan and couldn't anyway due to client calls :( :weep:

I've multiple fans running on my client calls. -_-

I'm still seeing stormy weather is supposed to start up tomorrow afternoon?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Almost hot enough for the alert to go out:

[UnEnglish Non-understatement']

It's Bloody hot here.

[/UnEnglish Non-understatement']
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tamas

It really is just getting too much now. We will need at least a portable AC machine for next summer. Bloody hell.

Syt

I currently manage to keep the apartment at 27 tops. That's mostly because the nights still dip under 20 degrees and I manage to air the place out during that period.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on August 12, 2020, 08:47:13 AM
I currently manage to keep the apartment at 27 tops. That's mostly because the nights still dip under 20 degrees and I manage to air the place out during that period.

A big problem is that our kitchen has a glass door to the outside (fire exit yay) and two big windows but no curtains or shades or anything of the sorts AND no inside door. So whatever measures I do are probably overwritten by the what comes in there.

Sheilbh

So jealous :(

London right now, according to BBC Weather, is 33 but feels like 39 :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

I feel like visiting the cellar. No, not to empty bottles.

Syt

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 12, 2020, 08:50:19 AM
So jealous :(

London right now, according to BBC Weather, is 33 but feels like 39 :weep:

I feel you. A few years ago I had a week of 30 degree lows at night in my place.
—Stephen Jay Gould

merithyn

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on August 11, 2020, 10:21:39 AM
We still haven't hit 100 since 2012, but we have had nearly non-stop 90 degree days with heat indices of 100+. Overnight lows have been consistently in the 70s, with some nights not even getting below 80. The scattered thunderstorms have Florida-like downpours, which is not something I remember from the 1990s, but has become much more frequent.

Remind me where you are, please?

It's been cool overnights and really until around 3pm here. Then the heat comes in for about three or four hours, and it all cools down.

So many things to love about the PNW, but the fact that it cools down at night in the summer is A#1 for me.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...