News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Got our first snow in Stockholm today. Not a wtf moment though. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

So tomorrow we go from 64F/18C to 27F/-3C at some point for our second freeze of the autumn. I have no idea how to dress my kids for school tomorrow :lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on November 10, 2019, 09:38:45 PM
So tomorrow we go from 64F/18C to 27F/-3C at some point for our second freeze of the autumn. I have no idea how to dress my kids for school tomorrow :lol:

Layering.  :contract:

It's how I survive journeys through the cold to get to stuffy bars.

Caliga

Yeah, it was in the 60s here today and by tomorrow night it's supposed to be snowing and lows in the teens. :wacko:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vflvvDgqLrE

Plane slides off runway at O'Hare, 440 flights canceled.

I fear this winter is going to be a bone crusher.

Valmy

Damn it is fucking freezing. Cold, windy, and rainy. Holy crap. Too cold for Texans.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Valmy on November 11, 2019, 03:36:12 PM
Damn it is fucking freezing. Cold, windy, and rainy. Holy crap. Too cold for Texans.

It is funny how fast you get used to it. By Tuesday I was going outside and thinking 'my how nice it is' and realizing it was about 30F/-1C

Anyway it has been one of the colder fall weeks I can remember. We will be back to our regularly schedule Texas weather come Monday: cold in the morning, warm in the afternoon.

Liep

Forecast for the winter 19/20: 8 degrees day and night with high chance of drizzle.

Denmark :wub:

If the Gods are mild we might be able to confirm the existence of the sun by spots of lesser dense clouds appearing slightly back lit.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on November 20, 2019, 04:50:39 AM
Forecast for the winter 19/20: 8 degrees day and night with high chance of drizzle.

Denmark :wub:

If the Gods are mild we might be able to confirm the existence of the sun by spots of lesser dense clouds appearing slightly back lit.

:lol:

Pretty similar here.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

PDH

The rains are supposed to start up next week.  It is about a month late, but if the rain and snow start and are consistent for the winter then things will be okay.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Barrister

We're in a cold snap.  The *ahem* high for tomorrow is supposed to be -27.  With a windchill "feels like" of -42.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on January 13, 2020, 12:57:28 PM
We're in a cold snap.  The *ahem* high for tomorrow is supposed to be -27.  With a windchill "feels like" of -42.

I know what you mean*, -5 today and snow.

:P

Barrister

Woke up this morning and it was -35.

PDH

Been there, not doing that again any time soon.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Barrister

Sitting on the train this morning you could just feel the cold almost radiating through the walls of the train.