News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: Maladict on July 24, 2019, 07:00:16 AM
National temperature record (38.6C, from 1944) is about to be broken. Tomorrow will be even worse.

Maybe there's something to be said for airconditioning after all.  :hmm:

Spend the money on something comforting when winter hits in a few weeks. :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Maladict

Quote from: Liep on July 24, 2019, 07:05:33 AM

Spend the money on something comforting when winter hits in a few weeks. :P

Local TV station is broadcasting non-stop winter scenes. I've got it running on my second monitor and it almost works, but not quite.

garbon

I'm likely to stay in a hotel tomorrow night. :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

1944 was a rough summer in the Netherlands. If your house was not on fire from some bombing operation, you were still uncomfortably hot.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Duque de Bragança

38°C today, 42-43°C forecast for tomorrow. :(

Maladict

Quote from: Valmy on July 24, 2019, 08:07:08 AM
1944 was a rough summer in the Netherlands. If your house was not on fire from some bombing operation, you were still uncomfortably hot.

That wasn't until September  :P

Duque de Bragança

42,4 C ° today. New record.

Maladict

This heat is just stupid. I changed shirts just before leaving home at 8 this morning, it was soaked already

Duque de Bragança

I really should be in Portugal at this time of the year, as I used to. :(

Eddie Teach

Do you own two houses?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Autumn is here, it's official I called it; cure 'Indian' summer.   :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

KRonn

Hot here the last few days but not too bad, though overly humid. That'll break, become a bit cooler, sometime this week.

Valmy

It has been brutally hot. I am hoping for some rain this weekend sometime.

Damn the summer had been so nice to.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Today it is supposed to reach 91F/33C.

I'm waiting in front of my fan for my movers to come. My window of arrival is between 12 and 4pm. I hope they aren't surly by the time they get here. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tonitrus

Got some a 'ol Texas-level thunderstorm rolling through.  Heavy rain, and the sky is flashing every couple seconds.  One bit of lightning hit pretty close (the thunderclap was almost instantaneous after the flash). 

It might be a good thing I live in a church.  :P   (or a bad thing, if having it turned into flats is sacrilege  :sleep: )