News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

here it stop long enough to give you hope, then rains again
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

KRonn

Rainy and overcast off and on most of this week, but temps are good - not too hot. I haven't even put in air conditioners yet, as I usually put them in by June. But its' been so temperate that I haven't needed them. Soon though, will probably put in the usual two this weekend. One in the kitchen and one in an upstairs bedroom.

Grey Fox

A/C's been on for a week now.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 20, 2019, 07:02:57 AM
A/C's been on for a week now.

We are getting some installed in the CC abode.  I never thought I would need it.  I live in a temperate rain forest.  Historically there have only been a few days a year when I wished I had it.  But recently those days are becoming more numerous and can stretch for weeks at a time.  Things are just going to get hotter so Mrs. CC made the executive decision to install.

Grey Fox

AC was off yesterday, back on today.

Freaking Humidity.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

I haven't had to run my AC much, nor have I had to water my lawn at all, so there are a couple positives to this bizarre weather pattern.  Would be nice however to have a couple rain-free days so I can finally stain my deck. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

It's almost certain that this will be the warmest June in Vienna since recordings start (late 1700s). Temps are 4.6° above the 1981-2010 average.

The 10 hottest Junes recorded are 2003, 2017, 1811, 2002, 1822, 2007, 2012, 2018, 2008, 2000.

We will have below 30° tomorrow and Monday, but then we're back to 30+.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

I hope Metternich had some peasants to fan him during the summer of 1822.

Currently the weather in Central Texas is really really hot and humid. So it is completely normal. I am already enjoying it staying hot all night. What a great place to live :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on June 21, 2019, 01:32:46 PM
It's almost certain that this will be the warmest June in Vienna since recordings start (late 1700s). Temps are 4.6° above the 1981-2010 average.

The 10 hottest Junes recorded are 2003, 2017, 1811, 2002, 1822, 2007, 2012, 2018, 2008, 2000.

We will have below 30° tomorrow and Monday, but then we're back to 30+.

Forecasts indicate 38-39°C next week in Paris.  :x

Valmy

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 21, 2019, 02:56:11 PM

Forecasts indicate 38-39°C next week in Paris.  :x

Yes. We might have some cooler days as well at some point.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

A beautiful Mid-Summer's day here, 20-25C real pleasant weather.

Nice that there's been a fair bit of rain recently so there's greenery everywhere, the forest trees look majestic and the river's healthy with water plants, wildfowl and the skies scythed by swallows feeding on insects.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

Only 25° today, but it's raining a lot, so humidity has me sitting in a puddle of sweat. :x
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

This week has been the best of the Danish summer, light cool breeze, 20-23 degrees with few clouds and down to 10 degrees at night.

It's been nice as last week was full of hot nights and thunderstorm and next week will be Central European weather with 25+ degrees.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on June 23, 2019, 06:02:43 AM
This week has been the best of the Danish summer, light cool breeze, 20-23 degrees with few clouds and down to 10 degrees at night.

It's been nice as last week was full of hot nights and thunderstorm and next week will be Central European weather with 25+ degrees.

Very similar here too, though the CE weather is expected to top 30+ next week for us instead.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Duque de Bragança

22°C in Bragança right now (15-20 yesterday?!), 33°C in Paris.  :hmm:

It will get hotter though in Bragança, and Paris will be close to 40°C for the summer sales beginning tomorrow.