News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Perfect cigar weather last night.  I sat on the deck spotlighting coyotes :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

KRonn

Still lots of rain, not necessarily heavy rain but cloudy and some rain about every other day or two for the month of April. I haven't had to water my pea plants since I planted in the first week of April.

crazy canuck

More sunny weather - high teens C.  March was one of the driest on record.  April was more normal in terms of precipitation - will be interesting to see how dry we get again this year.  I think we are going to have to stop calling this a temperate rain forest zone.   

Liep

It's goddamn snowing.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

Quote from: mongers on May 03, 2019, 05:35:00 AM
Quote from: Liep on May 03, 2019, 03:59:29 AM
It's goddamn snowing.

:blink:

Yeah, rain, sleet then snow. It also hailed today all while being stormy, truly a shitty day.

Forecast says more snow and possibly freezing temperatures tonight. May! :w00t:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Barrister

Quote from: Liep on May 03, 2019, 02:48:30 PM
Quote from: mongers on May 03, 2019, 05:35:00 AM
Quote from: Liep on May 03, 2019, 03:59:29 AM
It's goddamn snowing.

:blink:

Yeah, rain, sleet then snow. It also hailed today all while being stormy, truly a shitty day.

Forecast says more snow and possibly freezing temperatures tonight. May! :w00t:

:console:

It has snowed every day for the last four days here in Edmonton.  Not all day, but a portion of each day.  Now it melts during the day (it will accumulate at night), but still... damn depressing.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

It is hailing right now. Glad I just got back from running errands. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Sunny and warm, and going to get warmer and dryer.  Had to do some watering around the garden.

PDH

This winter was the first "old time normal" Winter we have had since I returned to the Central Coast of California.  From mid-December through early April there was steady rain for a good deal of the time.  Not the atmospheric rivers of two years ago where we had 90 inches in one month, but rather steady week to 10 days of mostly light rain then some sun, then back to rain.

Now the morning fogs are back, with sunny afternoons, the "old normal" for the region that should last until August.

Funny how the weather I remember as a kid is now considered different.  It is amazing to see the plants respond to an old time winter however.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

crazy canuck

Starting a minor heat wave with temps 10C over normal.  Will be going to the beach :)

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 10, 2019, 07:29:55 PM
Starting a minor heat wave with temps 10C over normal.  Will be going to the beach :)

It unseasonably cool here. Maybe we traded.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

12 degrees and rain... :weep:

KRonn

Beautiful weather, warm and sunny the last couple of days. I actually had to water my garden a couple times this week! Though we did have a thunderstorm one time after I had watered. But supposed to rain late tomorrow or over night. Good thing, as we need it -- it hasn't had rained for a couple days now!  ;)