News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 01, 2017, 08:07:18 PM
It didn't even get into the 60’s today. MAH JOINTS.

Yeah we are getting back to our regular scorching heat as well.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Rescue operations still underway. Over 40 confirmed dead so far.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

jimmy olsen

Now GFS has Irma making a direct hit on the Chesapeake as a category five. Pressure of 919mlb as it comes ashore.

At one point the pressure is an eye popping 878 as it moves over the gulf stream.
https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 02, 2017, 05:42:16 PM
Now GFS has Irma making a direct hit on the Chesapeake as a category five. Pressure of 919mlb as it comes ashore.

At one point the pressure is an eye popping 878 as it moves over the gulf stream.
https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/ana...rzn&runtime=2017090118&fh=120&xpos=0&ypos=759

:lol: Woo doggies

jimmy olsen

Opps posted a link to yesterday's model.

Updated the above post with the correct link.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

GFS forecast keeps drifting south. Irma currently projected to hit the Carolinas with the fury of Hurricane Camille.

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/

1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Really? I thought it was going to miss us.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on September 03, 2017, 10:25:52 PM
Really? I thought it was going to miss us.

It's gone in the last 60 hours from hitting NYC as a Cat 3/4 to hitting the Chesapeake as a Cat 4/5 to hitting the Carolinas as the strongest storm to make landfall in the USA in 50 or even 80 years.

At least that's what it's been with this model. There is substansail disagreement due to it being an 8 day forecast. Could hit anywhere from Cuba to the Cape or head out to sea depending on the model.

Hurricane Center has it hammering the Bahamas in 5 days

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Oh, shit National Hurricane forecast just shifted south. This could hit Cuba and get into the gulf!

1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

This morning we had some very warm and very humid air arrive here overnight, I wonder if this is fallout from the East coast hurricane Timmay was talking about?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

This summer sucked concludes national meteorological institute. We got 40% of the average summer sunshine, 150% rain, colder daytime temperatures and more wind.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on September 04, 2017, 05:49:52 AM
This summer sucked concludes national meteorological institute. We got 40% of the average summer sunshine, 150% rain, colder daytime temperatures and more wind.

You took Our weather.  :mad:     

:P

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: mongers on September 04, 2017, 05:52:23 AM

We had this bloody Anglo-Danish weather in these parts too. :(

mongers

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on September 04, 2017, 06:31:02 AM
Quote from: mongers on September 04, 2017, 05:52:23 AM

We had this bloody Anglo-Danish weather in these parts too. :(

Up until the last few days, we had a remarkable warm and sunny summer.  :bowler:

jimmy olsen

GFS predicts direct hits on Cuba and Florida

1 Karma Chameleon point