News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

viper37

That's just awful... :(

Apparently, they've been rescued now.  Should never have happenned though.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

People did not take the evacuation warning seriously enough. But we are getting people out of Houston pretty fast.

I am on duty now. We are doing a good job with the power situation under the circumstances but still over 300K outages left to tackle.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Yikes
https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/hurricane-harvey/flooded-houston-braces-more-rain-rescues-continue-n796476
QuoteForecasters warned that the flooding in Texas could be historic. More than 20 inches of rain had fallen on Houston in 24 hours as of Sunday evening, the National Weather Service said. Fifteen to 25 more inches of rain could fall on a swath of the upper Texas coast to Lafayette, Louisiana, by Friday
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Yeah it is unprecedented. Right on top of our largest city.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

So the President is going to be here on Tuesday. I wonder if he will not make this whole thing about him.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on August 27, 2017, 09:41:11 PM
So the President is going to be here on Tuesday. I wonder if he will not make this whole thing about him.

Now that would be unprecedented.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tonitrus

He would be roasted if he didn't...so he might as well.

viper37

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 27, 2017, 09:12:41 PM
Yikes
https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/hurricane-harvey/flooded-houston-braces-more-rain-rescues-continue-n796476
QuoteForecasters warned that the flooding in Texas could be historic. More than 20 inches of rain had fallen on Houston in 24 hours as of Sunday evening, the National Weather Service said. Fifteen to 25 more inches of rain could fall on a swath of the upper Texas coast to Lafayette, Louisiana, by Friday
On the good side, Valmy's house will now be beachfront property and will increase 5x in value.
Time to sell and move further back in the country, Valmy.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on August 27, 2017, 09:41:11 PM
You wan to place a bet?  :P (I have your maple syrup in my freezer, btw :D )

viper37

Quote from: Tonitrus on August 27, 2017, 10:48:27 PM
He would be roasted if he didn't...so he might as well.
He'll attack the media, Obama and/or Hillary.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: viper37 on August 28, 2017, 12:01:44 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 27, 2017, 09:12:41 PM
Yikes
On the good side, Valmy's house will now be beachfront property and will increase 5x in value.
Time to sell and move further back in the country, Valmy.

You know he's a couple hundred miles inland, right? Besides it hasn't rained all that much out here.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

It has been raining a lot but not Houston a lot.

viper37

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 28, 2017, 12:26:32 AM
You know he's a couple hundred miles inland, right?
I know, just making a joke about the water level on the coast.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on August 27, 2017, 08:58:10 PM
People did not take the evacuation warning seriously enough. But we are getting people out of Houston pretty fast.

And how many people died in their cars the last time there was a hurricane evacuation?

QuoteI am on duty now. We are doing a good job with the power situation under the circumstances but still over 300K outages left to tackle.

I for one applaud ERCOT's ability to keep the juice on for people standing in water. The Texan heritage of execution by Old Sparky is preserved.