Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: PDH on January 07, 2017, 04:42:37 PM
Thursday it was -40 in Laramie.

I chuckled.

Nice move.  :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

MadImmortalMan

Lots of flooding. There was a 200% snow pack this week and now it's raining. The Governor is doing interviews in downtown Reno under an umbrella.  :P

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 07, 2017, 04:38:38 PM
Finally the vicious 20 below wind chills have moved on.  <_<

Spoke too soon.  <_<

CountDeMoney

Feels like winter.  Finally.

Ed Anger

All you 'Winter is fun!" faggots can go eat a dick.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

Winter here is mid-50s and rain.  The palm trees are sad when it is clear, it gets down to the 40s overnight then, but luckily it rises close to the mid 50s by lunch.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

So this weekend it was down to 20F/-7C with a strong wind. By Wednesday it will be up to 80F/27C. Texas winter man. Keep your summer clothes available.

I will always remember that morning in the 90s where I came to drive to work on a warm morning in my shorts and T-Shirt but first had to scrap the ice off my car.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Yay! A thunderstorm is moving through. So, according to the shitshow that is my life now, it'll knock power out for a week.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

It has rained about 6 inches here so far this month - about 18 inches in the coastal mountains.  The Sierra have been pummeled - Snow, rain, blizzard in that order.  Last night it snowed 48 inches outside of South Lake Tahoe.  They are flooding the emergency areas north of Sacramento now, too much too soon for the resevoirs.

At least the snowpack is above normal for this time of year.  I am in California now, I watch the water level.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Admiral Yi

Speaking of the Sierras, you know if they still have the signs up on the Interstate that says "Truckers, cool your jets!"  :lol:

Barrister

It's-24c tonight. Power just went off throughout our whole neighbourhood.

Will the power come back before our house becomes too cold to stay in? Check in tomorrow morning to find out!
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Sounds like it's about time to gut the wife open and put the kid inside to stay warm until OH LIGHTS ARE BACK ON HI SWEETIE

Barrister

It's 9pm, powers been out for 90 minutes.

Scratch that power just came on.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on January 10, 2017, 10:15:05 PM
It's-24c tonight. Power just went off throughout our whole neighbourhood.

Will the power come back before our house becomes too cold to stay in? Check in tomorrow morning to find out!
why I'm glad have natural gas.

It is suppose to be really cold  (-40 to 50's in interior, -10 to 20's here) across Alaska next week, so y'all have fun two weeks from
Now.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on January 10, 2017, 11:11:31 PM
why I'm glad have natural gas.

Amen to that.  My condo has a weird natural gas system, but at least when I lose power, I have heat and hot water.