News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

KRonn

We're actually getting some light rain here! I was wondering if it would ever rain again.  ;)  The state of Massachusetts is in a serious drought. Nothing like California though. For those of us on the big water system from Quabbin reservoir, the lake is in good shape. For towns with wells or their own small reservoirs they've had to put in restrictions, but that seems somewhat normal for at least some of those towns. Such as the town next to mine which has its own artesian wells, they seem to have water restrictions most summers.

Caliga

Quote from: KRonn on September 01, 2016, 12:21:47 PM
We're actually getting some light rain here! I was wondering if it would ever rain again.  ;)  The state of Massachusetts is in a serious drought. Nothing like California though. For those of us on the big water system from Quabbin reservoir, the lake is in good shape. For towns with wells or their own small reservoirs they've had to put in restrictions, but that seems somewhat normal for at least some of those towns. Such as the town next to mine which has its own artesian wells, they seem to have water restrictions most summers.
I'd love to give you some of our rain, which has been ENDLESS this summer. :wacko:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

KRonn

Quote from: Caliga on September 01, 2016, 12:22:29 PM
Quote from: KRonn on September 01, 2016, 12:21:47 PM
I'd love to give you some of our rain, which has been ENDLESS this summer. :wacko:

Agreed on that.

Heh, during our glacial winter two seasons ago I wish we could have shipped some of our nine feet of snow to drought stricken California!

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

Autumn is now phasing in and out with the last few days of summer here.

Today was typically early Autumn, early cloud, some drizzle, mild South-westerlies, heavy rain, strong breeze and dry periods later in the evening.  :bowler: 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Soon, it will be cool enough I can comfortably wear my shoulder holster, to protect myself from white supremacists, separatists and sovereign citizens.

HVC

This weather is not helping my insomnia. I just want fall weather to arrive.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Liep

It's been the best week of summer so far this year with 20-25 degrees, sun and mild winds. Also forecasts say it'll continue for another week! :yeah:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

KRonn

Getting a warm up for a couple of days, hot and humid, but then more temperate over the weekend. Maybe this is nearly the last blast of summer heat for us. September is usually very nice weather, warm but not too hot, cool nights for sleeping.

Malthus

Quote from: HVC on September 08, 2016, 12:16:11 AM
This weather is not helping my insomnia. I just want fall weather to arrive.

Hot enough for you?  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

mongers

Quote from: Liep on September 08, 2016, 08:11:33 AM
It's been the best week of summer so far this year with 20-25 degrees, sun and mild winds. Also forecasts say it'll continue for another week! :yeah:

Yeah similar here, I need to be making better use of it, instead of being stuck inside.  <_<
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Liep

25C and a clear blue sky. I'm liking this September.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Quote from: Liep on September 13, 2016, 04:25:22 AM
25C and a clear blue sky. I'm liking this September.

Heading to 31-32 today with humidity. Glad to be at work in the air conditioning.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.