News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

If St Louis had the same kind of weather we did, your sister and fam should be fine. :glare: Some wind and a bit of snow, but nothing worth really noting.

*sighs*
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Jaron

I am getting my shit ROCKED down here by this snow.

Everyone was crashing on the freeway this morning..I was losing traction but kept control of my car.

After work, I couldn't back out for some reason. I'm not exactly sure what was causing it. I dug out the snow around my tires and my car still wouldn't move.

Eventually I got free but I'm not sure if it was a blockage behind the tires or ice under the tires that prevented me from backing out. It was annoying though. By the looks of outside, I'll be doing it again tomorrow.  :showoff:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Razgovory

Quote from: merithyn on December 26, 2012, 11:33:56 PM
If St Louis had the same kind of weather we did, your sister and fam should be fine. :glare: Some wind and a bit of snow, but nothing worth really noting.

*sighs*

Why the hell do you want snow?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

I can't speak for Meri, but Princesca's aunt is always bleating for SNOW! SNOW! SNOW! this time of year.  The fact that she doesn't have to work (husband has a great job) and she makes her son do all of the shoveling probably has a lot to do with that.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

If they could genetically engineer snow so it wouldn't turn into ice I would be all for it too.

derspiess

We maybe got an inch, if that.  But of course everyone likes to exaggerate and say we got two or three.  Oh, well.  It covered the grass (barely) and it looked nice on the trees. 

We're supposed to get a dusting of snow Saturday morning.  I give it til afternoon today that everyone in the office starts freaking out about that.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

Quote from: Razgovory on December 27, 2012, 12:40:15 AM
Quote from: merithyn on December 26, 2012, 11:33:56 PM

*sighs*

Why the hell do you want snow?

Why the hell do you want sunshine?

That's such a stupid question. I want snow because I like snow. I like walking in it, driving in it, standing in it, playing in it, watching it come down, shoveling it. I. LIKE. SNOW.

I understand that not everyone does, but why does it follow that I should be apologetic because others don't care for something that I do?

Admiral Yi

:lol:  Geez Meri, maybe a cup of coffee first.

merithyn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 27, 2012, 11:01:15 AM
:lol:  Geez Meri, maybe a cup of coffee first.

:mad:

Do you know how often I have to sit and listen to people bitch about the snow, and when I say, "Well, I like it," get lambasted for it? Well fuck you all. :glare:

Besides, I'm off the coffee again. Fucking ulcer. :(

CountDeMoney

Don't sweat Yi, Meri.  He has to walk uphill both ways in Iowa during blizzard tornadoes.  I wouldn't dig snow so much in Iowa, either.

derspiess

Quote from: merithyn on December 27, 2012, 10:59:54 AM
That's such a stupid question. I want snow because I like snow. I like walking in it, driving in it, standing in it, playing in it, watching it come down, shoveling it. I. LIKE. SNOW.

Ditto :hug:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

Quote from: merithyn on December 27, 2012, 10:59:54 AM
I want snow because I like snow. I like walking in it, driving in it, standing in it, playing in it, watching it come down, shoveling it. I. LIKE. SNOW.

:wacko:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

I bet Katmai and Berkut just loooove snow as much as Meri does.

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 27, 2012, 11:30:52 AM
I bet Katmai and Berkut just loooove snow as much as Meri does.

I'm used to there being snow, I like winter in general just fine.  I'd probably miss snow if it wasn't here, but I can not say I love the stuff.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

merithyn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 27, 2012, 11:21:06 AM
Don't sweat Yi, Meri.  He has to walk uphill both ways in Iowa during blizzard tornadoes.  I wouldn't dig snow so much in Iowa, either.

But.... I'm from Iowa. :( I loved it then, too. :weep:

Quote from: Barrister on December 27, 2012, 11:38:18 AM
I'm used to there being snow, I like winter in general just fine.  I'd probably miss snow if it wasn't here, but I can not say I love the stuff.

I think this is the problem. I miss it terribly. It's been a very long time since I've seen any kind of decent snow. Certainly nowhere near enough to get tired of it.