News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

I thought the summer was over but the night was unusual warm for September and today it's 25 degrees again.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on September 18, 2018, 04:29:38 AM
I thought the summer was over but the night was unusual warm for September and today it's 25 degrees again.

Same here the last two nights and days, warm, windy, but dry.  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

KRonn

Quote from: mongers on September 18, 2018, 06:05:26 AM

Today was cool but last week we had a couple of hot days. Not very humid and I didn't need the A/C but it surprised a bit given how we've had cool and warm days mixed in. Usually September is pretty nice, warm but not overly hot or humid. Given the hot and humid summer we had, which is more than usual for us, I'm ready for cooler weather.

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on September 20, 2018, 07:20:15 PM

Today was cool but last week we had a couple of hot days. Not very humid and I didn't need the A/C but it surprised a bit given how we've had cool and warm days mixed in. Usually September is pretty nice, warm but not overly hot or humid. Given the hot and humid summer we had, which is more than usual for us, I'm ready for cooler weather.

Started listening to ZZ Top's Rio Grande Mud album and the track 'Sure got cold after the rain fell'  came on, very appropriate given the weather has broken this evening and wet and windy weather has returned to Blighty.   :bowler:

KRonn

Quote from: mongers on September 20, 2018, 08:38:26 PM
Quote from: KRonn on September 20, 2018, 07:20:15 PM

Started listening to ZZ Top's Rio Grande Mud album and the track 'Sure got cold after the rain fell'  came on, very appropriate given the weather has broken this evening and wet and windy weather has returned to Blighty.   :bowler:

We got the remnants of hurricane Florence, which was mainly a heavy rain storm but nothing near what they got when it first made landfall in the Carolinas. We got about 4 inches of rain where they got over 30 inches in some places. That's close to a meter of rain and I think some areas got at least that much and more. Lots of flooded out towns and areas, some towns totally cutoff by floodwaters with military and other helos flying supplies in and taking people out. Millions of chickens and turkeys lost along with other livestock.

PDH

Well, it's time for Indian Summer.

The Equinox brings to this region of the Central Coast of California high temps (into the 90s/32c), clear mornings and nights.  It is rather normal, and I hope this means a rather normal winter and rains...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Grey Fox

A Tornado tore thru the National capital area last Friday. Force 3, highest ever recorded in Septembre for Quebec.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

KRonn

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 25, 2018, 09:44:31 AM
A Tornado tore thru the National capital area last Friday. Force 3, highest ever recorded in Septembre for Quebec.
[/quote[

Whoah, a tornado is so scary especially in a big city. I didn't think they happened very often, if at all, in Quebec similar to here in the northeast as we rarely get them. But nothing like the frequency or severity in the US South and Mid West.

mongers

We're having a beautiful Indian summer here.  :bowler:

garbon

Daily Express must be kicking off about how we will all die of melanoma.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

First cool non-rain day of the Fall. It is 18C right now. Woah. I love it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Duque de Bragança

18 C°? Enough for a picnic!

Valmy

I know. We can all emerge from our air conditioned lairs for a bit.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

PDH

18c is what it got up to here today.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM