News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ed Miliband fails the Turing test

Started by Richard Hakluyt, June 30, 2011, 05:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Hakluyt

Ed Miliband is the leader of the oppostion, or is he? Perhaps he is a cheap robot. Watch this video and judge for yourselves :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13971770

I fear for the country.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

MadImmortalMan

You're in a desert walking along in the sand when all of the sudden you look down, and you see a tortoise, it's crawling toward you. You reach down, you flip the tortoise over on its back. The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can't, not without your help. But you're not helping. Why is that?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Camerus

:lol:

Perhaps he belongs to the same political school as this former US political candidate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HER2pGdAak

The Brain

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on June 30, 2011, 05:08:36 PM
You're in a desert walking along in the sand when all of the sudden you look down, and you see a tortoise, it's crawling toward you. You reach down, you flip the tortoise over on its back. The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can't, not without your help. But you're not helping. Why is that?

What's a tortoise?

Pedrito

Quote from: The Brain on June 30, 2011, 05:09:18 PM

What's a tortoise?
You know what a turtle is?

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

The Brain

Quote from: Pedrito on June 30, 2011, 05:18:05 PM

What's a tortoise?
You know what a turtle is?

L.

Etc etc etc :)

Admiral Yi

Someone explain to me how that test was supposed to work.

alfred russel

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on June 30, 2011, 05:00:00 PM
Ed Miliband is the leader of the oppostion, or is he? Perhaps he is a cheap robot. Watch this video and judge for yourselves :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13971770

I fear for the country.

:lol: Is that par for the course for Miliband? If that is the best labour can do they should bring back blair or brown.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

grumbler

What's a tortoise?
The things that glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate, I think.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Sheilbh

He's another example of needing politicians who seem human :bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

Martinus

Turing failed the Snowwhite test.  :(

Martinus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 30, 2011, 05:33:50 PM

That's not it, nor can humans fail the Turing test. Everyone is just joking around with cultural reference.

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 30, 2011, 05:33:50 PM
Replicants didn't have the same emotional responses as humans (I think it was because they lacked glandular responses or something like that, if I remember the commentary on the DVD correctly), especially when comparing humans and animals in peril.  Something along those lines.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

I miss my pet tortoise: Mr. Eight. :weep:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.