Previous topic - Next topic

Vampire Diaries: books or DVDs?

Book
5 (71.4%)
DVD
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

viper37

I have to buy a gift for my cousin's birthday.
She's a Twilight fan, like nearly all teenage girl.  She already got all the Twilight DVDs.

So I figured I'd buy her the Vampire Diaries.  Either the books, or the 1st season DVDs.

Wich ones do you think is the best gift?

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Viking

Quote from: viper37 on June 30, 2011, 12:57:35 PM
I have to buy a gift for my cousin's birthday.
She's a Twilight fan, like nearly all teenage girl.  She already got all the Twilight DVDs.

So I figured I'd buy her the Vampire Diaries.  Either the books, or the 1st season DVDs.

Wich ones do you think is the best gift?

Ask her, ask her parents or just give cash.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

grumbler

Voted the book, but would have voted even more for the His Dark Materials books, if she is of the age that likes Twilight.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josquius

Definitely check with the parents. She could well hate Vampire Diaries for being an inferior Twilight rip off (as bizzare as that sounds).
██████
██████
██████

Slargos

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Brain

Voted book over DVD because a book feels like a more permanent & classier item to me. But ask her parents.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

viper37

Quote from: Tyr on June 30, 2011, 01:10:06 PM
Definitely check with the parents. She could well hate Vampire Diaries for being an inferior Twilight rip off (as bizzare as that sounds).
She doesn't know the show, I've asked her already if she was watching the French dubb.

And I can't give money.  Family situation.  Apparently we're forbidden to give money because that's a "boring gift".

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 30, 2011, 02:32:09 PM
Un 7 de pot.
She doesn't do drugs, and she doesn't smoke.  Yet.
She barely drinks either.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

Is she from Quebec?  If so just several large kegs of beer.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Sophie Scholl

If you can't give cash, can you give gift cards?  Maybe iTunes or the local bookstore?
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."