Kate and William to visit Quebec & Canada

Started by viper37, June 28, 2011, 04:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you follow the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's visit to Canada?

I'm Canadian, I'm crazy about monarchy, I'll follow them everywhere
4 (26.7%)
I'm crazy, but not that crazy, I'll be watching every moment on tv
0 (0%)
I'm from Quebec and I couldn't care less
4 (26.7%)
I'm from America and I'm gay, I'll watch everything on tv
0 (0%)
WTF??  (aka Jaron option)
7 (46.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

viper37

I feel that Canadian patriotic fiber burning deep inside me.  Our future King and Queen will visit Quebec city, and LĂ©vis (south shore). 

British tabloids are apparently describing Quebec city's attraction in details, what to do, where to go, etc.
So lots of people think it's going to be a boost for tourism.  I still don't think it's worth the cost (we pay for their trip, it's an official visit), we should put that on building a new arena instead, it will attract more canadian&american tourists... ;)

Apparenty, 40% of Canadians watch the royal marriage.  Can't believe no one has anything better to do than watch rich people spend tax payers money, even if it wasn't our money, on a purely principle basis, it's silly.

Anyway.  I'm curious if anyone feels more inclined to visit either Quebec or Canada because the future King and Queen are visiting us, because of the media coverage in Great Britain or Europe, if any.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Martinus

Do gay people watch this shit? I'm surprised. I thought it was more like stuff for housewives.

Viking

Are they visiting Ontario & Canada or New Brunswick & Canada or Newfoundland & Canada?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Grey Fox

I'll go protest the protesters. Bunch of annoying bitches.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

MadImmortalMan

Kate and William who? They the ones with seven kids?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

I had a dream about Kate Middleton last night.  William was not pleased.

Jacob

Personally I don't care much. They seem like a nice enough couple, I guess.

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 28, 2011, 04:46:30 PM
I'm more disturbed by the fact that william was there at all. was it a bad kind of threesome?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on June 28, 2011, 04:49:41 PM
I'm more disturbed by the fact that william was there at all. was it a bad kind of threesome?

No, he and Charles were chasing me once they found out about the sticky love Kate and I shared.  I dunno where Harry or Liz were, I woke up.

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 28, 2011, 04:52:38 PM
Quote from: HVC on June 28, 2011, 04:49:41 PM

No, he and Charles were chasing me once they found out about the sticky love Kate and I shared.  I dunno where Harry or Liz were, I woke up.
Well that's a bit more reassuring. Also, what's with you and married women :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on June 28, 2011, 04:54:05 PM
Also, what's with you and married women :D

I dunno.  Probably something to do with commitment issues.  That and married chicks have to go home, can only call you at certain times, and since they have more to lose than you do, you're in the pilot's seat.

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 28, 2011, 04:57:32 PM
Quote from: HVC on June 28, 2011, 04:54:05 PM
Also, what's with you and married women :D

I dunno.  Probably something to do with commitment issues.  That and married chicks have to go home, can only call you at certain times, and since they have more to lose than you do, you're in the pilot's seat.
wise, wise. but i fear death by husband. a very common ailment for people with your predilection.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on June 28, 2011, 04:59:26 PM
wise, wise. but i fear death by husband. a very common ailment for people with your predilection.

Yeah, I've toned it down in recent years.  That's how guys get killed.

Ed Anger

Guns don't kill people, husbands who come home early do.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

viper37

Quote from: Jacob on June 28, 2011, 04:47:51 PM
Personally I don't care much. They seem like a nice enough couple, I guess.
Yes, they seem decent.  I have nothing against them.

I don't believe in monarchy, I don't believe in a hereditary head of state, I don't think anyone should live at taxpayers expense for all their lives simply for being born in the good family, but that's not really my problem.
I wish Canada would have another political system than constitutional monarchy, and I sure wish we wouldn't pay for the travel expenses of these people, even if it's a relatively small amount (most of the budget goes into security, wich is because of these idiot protesters).
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.