News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Christ is Risen! Indeed He is Risen!

Started by Scipio, April 19, 2009, 10:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scipio

So this is Pascha.  I ate meat and cheese for the first time yesterday since March 1.  Good times.

Even you atheist types, huzzah!  My sky god's got enough pull to go around.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

Quote from: Neil on April 19, 2009, 10:46:57 AM
Didn't he rise last week?

Orthodox Christians disagree.

I was surprised our Cairo office had closed last week because of Easter.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Neil

Quote from: Syt on April 19, 2009, 10:50:32 AM
Quote from: Neil on April 19, 2009, 10:46:57 AM
Didn't he rise last week?

Orthodox Christians disagree.
Orthodox Christianity is a tiny, unimportant sect.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

Also, it should be "He is Risen Indeed!"
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Alexandru H.

vinraith

Martinus

Razgovory

Cool, Scipio is living a week behind the rest of the universe.  Hey Scip, has that pirate thing been resolved yet?  I don't want to spoil it for you but the ending is pretty cool.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Do Orthos all wait till December 26 to start Christmas shopping?

Alatriste

Congrats, you Orthodox Heretics!!! (yes, I know that's an oxymoron if there ever was one)  :P

We had a nice mass Mass in Madrid -  you do call your services Masses, right? It was exotic and charming, with bearded Popes, candles Greek singing and lots of Spanish and Romanian flags. I hope it was enough to make Catholic Bishops feel shivers down their spines... (recent statistics say there is roughly 1,5 millions Orthodox Christians in Spain, between 2 and 3 for every Muslim; Orthodoxy is by far the fastest growing religion in Spain since Romania and Bulgaria joined the EU, if not before)

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 19, 2009, 04:52:29 PM
Do Orthos all wait till December 26 to start Christmas shopping?

They also walk on their hands and eat from their butts.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Alexandru H.

Quote from: Alatriste on April 20, 2009, 05:21:46 AM
Congrats, you Orthodox Heretics!!! (yes, I know that's an oxymoron if there ever was one)  :P

We had a nice mass Mass in Madrid -  you do call your services Masses, right? It was exotic and charming, with bearded Popes, candles Greek singing and lots of Spanish and Romanian flags. I hope it was enough to make Catholic Bishops feel shivers down their spines... (recent statistics say there is roughly 1,5 millions Orthodox Christians in Spain, between 2 and 3 for every Muslim; Orthodoxy is by far the fastest growing religion in Spain since Romania and Bulgaria joined the EU, if not before)

That's kind of ironic considering your "religious" history  :lol: