RIP Columbo

Started by Martinus, June 24, 2011, 04:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Caliga

:( I actually thought he was already dead. :blush:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DontSayBanana

"Yes, yes, yes; you're very smart- now shut up."  Actually just dug that out yesterday- gonna have to give it a rewatch. :(
Experience bij!

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

RIP Columbo.  :(

For some reason, despite his glass eye, I was under the impression he fought in WW2, must be confusing his film roles.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

What?  Peter Falk is Dead?  Oh damn.  Damn, Damn Damn. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Duque de Bragança

Jacob

Rest in Peace.

I'll raise a drink to Peter Falk tonight :cheers:

dps

Quote from: mongers on June 24, 2011, 04:42:22 PM
RIP Columbo.  :(

For some reason, despite his glass eye, I was under the impression he fought in WW2, must be confusing his film roles.

He was in the Merchant Marine.

Eddie Teach

Just one more thing- RIP.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

:(  RIP, Peter.  Didn't like the show Columbo, but you had a number of excellent roles through the years.  You and Alan Arkin in The In-laws:lol:

Serpentine Shelly. Serpentine!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

BuddhaRhubarb

:rip: Tough week man. Lots of dead heroes. Peter Falk being one.
:p

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on June 25, 2011, 09:06:38 AM
You and Alan Arkin in The In-laws:lol:

Serpentine Shelly. Serpentine!

My favorite role of his as well.  You know, I sincerely doubt many of the young-uns here have even seen that one, and it's priceless.  I HAVE FLAMES ON MY CAR